ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

28 days or 3 months?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Erujj
Newly Registered

28 days or 3 months?

Post by Erujj » Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:20 am

Hello everyone

Hope you all are fine. I desperately need some clarification on this issue. I have applied a settlement visa (as a husband) from pakistan as a partner of a person settled in the UK (her status is ILR declared eligible for british passport).

As per the timeline i am hoping to get my visa around May 2016. I have heard that i will be needing to travel within 28 days after i receive my visa whereas on some websites it is stated that upto 3 months can be taken to travel from the applicant's home country.

Please someone clarify it As i have to sort out some property issues in my country before leaving.

Thankyou in anticipation

Dr. Rizvi

BilalPathan786

Re: 28 days or 3 months?

Post by BilalPathan786 » Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:47 am

Hi there,

It's not 3 months, my wife's VISA was valid for 30 days and yours will be the same.

Hope this helps.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:52 am

For the 3 months rule, you have to specifically ask for the visa to be post dated (in the form or covering letter) and submit with the application.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Erujj
Newly Registered

Post by Erujj » Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:31 am

BilalPathan786 wrote:Hi there,

It's not 3 months, my wife's VISA was valid for 30 days and yours will be the same.

Hope this helps.
Thanks for the prompt replies.. so that means i would have to travel in within 30 days? Is it right?

Is there any other way u can delay my travelling? I haven't mentiined anything in the cover letter as i did not now about all this. Any help would be appreciated

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:28 am

It's the new BRP procedure (started in Pakistan in March 2015).
If you applied from outside the UK
You’ll need to collect your BRP from a Post Office branch or your sponsor.

You’ll get a ‘decision letter’ which will tell you:

when your BRP will be available
which Post Office branch you can collect it from
When your leave is granted, you’ll be given a 30 day vignette. The vignette means you have permission to come to the UK and is valid for 30 days from the date you said you’d arrive in the UK (even if you arrive at a later date).

You’ll have to apply for another 30 day visa if you don’t travel within that 30 days.

You must bring your passport or travel document with your vignette sticker in when you collect your BRP.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Erujj
Newly Registered

Post by Erujj » Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:20 pm

Can this thread be deleted? Admins?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:29 pm

Erujj wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:20 pm
Can this thread be deleted? Admins?
Posts and topics are not deleted. It will be locked though.

Posts are not deleted (click)
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.