ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indian passport from India previously travel on ETD

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

virus
Newly Registered

Indian passport from India previously travel on ETD

Post by virus » Tue Mar 01, 2016 5:00 pm

Hy Everyone
my legal stay in the UK finish but now i want to live the (UK)country but i lost my passport and i went to India high commission they decline to reissue my passport said they can only provide me travel document

My question is that if i will apply passport from India when i reach there will i get problem for my new passport if i travel on travel document ?

Anybody on this forum travel with travel document to the india and apply passport in india how long it take it is any problem?

cfdman

Re: Indian passport from India previously travel on ETD

Post by cfdman » Tue Mar 01, 2016 5:16 pm

It should not be a problem to obtain a duplicate Indian passport from India, after travelling on a emergency travel document.

Check the following link. http://passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlinePr ... dPassports
I lost my passport in the U.S. and have been sent to India on Emergency Certificate. Can I be issued a new passport? If yes, what are the documents needed to get a passport?
A: In case of lost passport, you need to apply for re-issue of passport. Following documents must be submitted along with the application:

Proof of Present Address
Proof of Date of Birth
Affidavit stating how and where the passport got lost/damaged (Annexure 'L')
Police report in original
Self-attested photocopy of first two and last two pages, including ECR/Non-ECR page of old passport, if available.

virus
Newly Registered

Re: Indian passport from India previously travel on ETD

Post by virus » Tue Mar 01, 2016 5:31 pm

Dear Cfdman
Thanks for your reply