ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRP Needed for Domestic flight travel?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Prithviraj
Newly Registered

BRP Needed for Domestic flight travel?

Post by Prithviraj » Tue Mar 01, 2016 5:31 pm

Hi

I am waiting for my BRP to be sent by home office and I was told that it will take upto 7 to 10 working days. I work in London and have to travel to Glasgow for some office work next week.

I have my Indian passport with me but will I need my BRP if I take a flight from London to Glasgow? or just my passport is enough?

Thanks in advance.

noajthan

Re: BRP Needed for Domestic flight travel?

Post by noajthan » Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:34 pm

Check with airline.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

martinstroke

Post by martinstroke » Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:43 pm

Hello,

I am quite sure that you do not need your BRP card for a domestic travel. You should have no problems travelling with your international passport alone or perhaps if you have a UK driving licence, that will also do.

:D

RRSB2012

Post by RRSB2012 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:06 am

If you are travelling with a Checked Bag, you will need drivers' license. It could be Provisional Drivers license (doesn't need to be a full UK one).
If you are travelling with just a hand carry, you don't need anything.

FYI, I just came to Aberdeen and no one asked me for anything.
Cheers
R

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by ohara » Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:21 am

From http://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/inf ... as-and-api
Identification on UK internal flights
If you are flying solely within the UK, including Northern Ireland, you do not need a passport but we advise that you carry photographic identification with you when travelling, such as your passport or driving licence. This may be requested at certain points in your journey. Children under the age of 16 years old do not require identification to travel within the UK.

Identification on flights between the UK and Republic of Ireland
If you are a citizen of the UK or Republic of Ireland who was born in that country you do not need a passport to travel between the two countries but you do require some form of photographic identification, such as a driving licence.

All other travellers require a valid passport to travel between the two countries.
Interestingly it says
If you are a citizen of the UK or Republic of Ireland who was born in that country

I'm sure this is wrong, and naturalised citizens can benefit from the common travel area just the same as UK born citizens.

O_Relly

Post by O_Relly » Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:35 am

I have flown domestic with Easy Jet multiple times within UK and have not been asked for an ID. However I had my drivers license in hand at all times.
Cheers,
OR

Prithviraj
Newly Registered

Post by Prithviraj » Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:12 am

Thanks for all the replies. I don't have any drivers license unfortunately (domestic or international).

I called British airways yesterday and it confused the hell out of me. The lady I spoke to first said I can use my Indian passport without visa to travel within UK, then she asked me to hold until she confirms. Then she came back and said I need a visa along with passport even within UK. :shock:

While speaking the call got disconnected so I called again. This time another lady said that she is not even allowed to talk about this and cannot advise me if I would be allowed or not to travel just with my Indian passport. So calling the airline hasn't proved to be helpful at all. :?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:26 am

You DO NOT need a visa to travel within the UK on domestic flights.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Prithviraj
Newly Registered

Post by Prithviraj » Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:16 pm

Thank you all for your replies. I traveled to Glasgow from London and no one asked me for any id. The only thing they wanted to see was the boarding pass.

As RRSB2012 mentioned I was carrying only the hand luggage and no id was needed at all. :D

fabercastel

Post by fabercastel » Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:07 pm

DRIVER LICENSE SHOULD DO THE MAGIC

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:20 pm

fabercastel wrote:DRIVER LICENSE SHOULD DO THE MAGIC
You don't need to post in capitals. It's considered to be the equivalent of shouting. :|
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

fabercastel

Post by fabercastel » Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:25 pm

oops. :shock:

forgot to turn off the caps

thanks anyway

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:43 pm

As the OP had no issues with domestic travel and has posted of his success in travel and not encountering any issues, this thread will now be locked.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.