ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 General - Experienced Salary not met for extension

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ragatry
Newly Registered

Tier 2 General - Experienced Salary not met for extension

Post by ragatry » Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:22 am

Hello All,

I'm on tier 2 general visa from Oct 2013 and working as an IT support Analyst and earning 25000 pounds. My visa extension was due this September 2016. My soc code is 2135 which the experienced salary is 33000 pounds. My company wont increase my salary to meet the soc code rules for experienced salary.

Note: Initially i got a tier 2 general visa as a new entrant on the same SOC code 2135.

Also, I couldn't find any IT support job titles or duties stated in SOC code 2135.

do i need to earn 33000 pounds for visa extension? or Is there anyway I can get a visa extension??

Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Ragatry

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Re: Tier 2 General - Experienced Salary not met for extensio

Post by Frontier Mole » Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:44 pm

You have to meet the requirements of the SOC in terms of salary. If you fail to do so your visa will be refused.
Perhaps it is time to look for another Sponsor who is willing to pay the SOC amount required for an extension.

ragatry
Newly Registered

Post by ragatry » Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:07 pm

Thanks for your reply Frontier Mole.

I couldn't find my job title in that SOC code just now. Will I still be using the same code for extension?

Or shall i change to different SOC code which has my job title? Then on, do i still considered as an experienced worker and salary ?

Thanks
Ragatry

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:09 pm

There are some things to consider.
No matter what SOC you end up using you will have to meet the experienced salary.
The SOC your Sponsor chooses should be the closest to the role you perform even if you can't find an exact match.
The general role is unless the last round of SOC update changed the original COS SOC then it would be the same SOC.