ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Net creation of jobs (2 part time jobs)

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

raj.m
Mood:
India

Net creation of jobs (2 part time jobs)

Post by raj.m » Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:08 pm

Hi everyone!

I'll be grateful if you guys could help me with my query about employment. I got my initial entrepreneur visa in 2012 and I have employed two people, 26 hours per week for 21 months. Is this going to be okay? Will this be counted as equivalent of two full time jobs?

Thanks
Raj

FKS21177

Re: Net creation of jobs (2 part time jobs)

Post by FKS21177 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:42 pm

I also had same questions and posted it here but nobody responded.... I heard mixed view some says you only need to complete 3120 hours some says you have to complete hours but part-time jobs shud last for 24 months.

I also have sane situation 2 part time employees 20/week for 22 months. Will it make ine full time job??

raj.m
Mood:
India

Post by raj.m » Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:35 pm

FKS21177 wrote:I also had same questions and posted it here but nobody responded.... I heard mixed view some says you only need to complete 3120 hours some says you have to complete hours but part-time jobs shud last for 24 months.

I also have sane situation 2 part time employees 20/week for 22 months. Will it make ine full time job??
Hi mate. I'm really worried about this but let's see what others have to say. I just read this on the policy guidance from December 2012.

.EXAMPLES: We would consider the following as acceptable employment:
• The working hours of two part-time workers can be combined to add up to 30 hours a
week or more and form the equivalent of one full-time post.
• A worker who is employed for part of a year and then leaves the job can be replaced
by another worker so that the employment as a whole adds up to 12 months. However,
if there is a gap between one worker leaving a post and another worker starting
employment, the period when the post is not filled will not be counted. Only periods
during which a worker is employed in a post will be considered.
• A single worker can be employed for 24 months. The employment can also be made up
of a six-month period for one worker and an 18-month period for another.
• If four workers are employed for 26 weeks (six months) each, their hours of employment
may be added together.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:38 pm

raj.m wrote:Hi everyone!

I'll be grateful if you guys could help me with my query about employment. I got my initial entrepreneur visa in 2012 and I have employed two people, 26 hours per week for 21 months. Is this going to be okay? Will this be counted as equivalent of two full time jobs?

Thanks
Raj
This is an immigration forum not a small business club/forum.

Suggest crosscheck with relevant HO guidance on such matters.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:39 pm

HO ignores any accumulated employment hours created beyond 30 hours a week.
See my answer here http://www.immigrationboards.com/uk-tie ... l#p1315452
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

rizarifpk123456

Post by rizarifpk123456 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:44 pm

Please refer to policy guidance as HO has clearly mentioned that one full time job means 30 hours per week.
And basically you have to show 30hours X 52 Weeks =1560 hours and for two jobs it is = 3120hours.

Now according to policy guidance you can accumulate these hours by having one single employee for one full year and then for another full year or you can use multiple part-time workers to reach this amount hours.

so you can also use 4 ppl working for you and if there total hours add up to 3120, you should be okay.

Please check page 49, paragraph 158 for your own understanding of policy guidance on this. I have copied the link for you. Policy Gudiancehttps://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... 1_2015.pdf

raj.m
Mood:
India

Post by raj.m » Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:48 pm

noajthan wrote:
raj.m wrote:Hi everyone!

Thanks
Raj
This is an immigration forum not a small business club/forum.

Suggest crosscheck with relevant HO guidance on such matters.
Sorry, I am just very confused. So thought I'd ask people who've been in a similar situation or who know better. :)

raj.m
Mood:
India

Post by raj.m » Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:49 pm

zimba88 wrote:HO ignores any accumulated employment hours created beyond 30 hours a week.
See my answer here http://www.immigrationboards.com/uk-tie ... l#p1315452
Thanks for your help. I will read that now

raj.m
Mood:
India

Post by raj.m » Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:51 pm

rizarifpk123456 wrote:Please refer to policy guidance as HO has clearly mentioned that one full time job means 30 hours per week.
And basically you have to show 30hours X 52 Weeks =1560 hours and for two jobs it is = 3120hours.

Now according to policy guidance you can accumulate these hours by having one single employee for one full year and then for another full year or you can use multiple part-time workers to reach this amount hours.

so you can also use 4 ppl working for you and if there total hours add up to 3120, you should be okay.

Please check page 49, paragraph 158 for your own understanding of policy guidance on this. I have copied the link for you. Policy Gudiancehttps://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... 1_2015.pdf
Thanks for your help. What I am confused about is the 12 month requirement. I mean if you hire 4 full time employees working 30 hours per week for six months, you would meet the 3120 hours requirement but they say you're required to have them hired them for a minimum of 12 months. So how does that work in case of part time employees?