ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Moving Housing and JSA from Scotland To England:

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

wam_khan

Moving Housing and JSA from Scotland To England:

Post by wam_khan » Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:30 pm

Hi,

I am unemployed since Jan 2016. been laid off. looking to find work with in scotland, no luck to date.
Please suggest a process through which I can transfer my housing benefit and JSA to England, ideally close to berkshire and buckinghamshire counties?

looking forward
Rgd

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Moving Housing and JSA from Scotland To England:

Post by Casa » Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:33 pm

You've selected two of the counties with the highest cost of living in England! :|
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

wam_khan

Housing Waiting list Details:

Post by wam_khan » Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:35 pm

Hi,

please suggest the source where I can check which borough councils has short or long waitings for getting onto counsils property

looking forward
regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:02 pm

You will need to notify your current council of your 'change in circumstances' if you are moving. Your HB will be stopped.

When you are in a new area, you will have to apply for HB again with whichever council you fall under.

You cannot 'transfer' housing benefits as easily as that unless the council is housing you or found you a home following eviction.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Housing Waiting list Details:

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:05 pm

wam_khan wrote:Hi,

please suggest the source where I can check which borough councils has short or long waitings for getting onto counsils property

looking forward
regards
I don't think there is a way to check. Most counties and councils around London have very long lists where some people have been waiting for years for a property.

How big is your family?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:09 pm

...and unless I'm mistaken, I believe you have to be living in the Council borough before you can be added to the waiting list.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:32 pm

Casa wrote:...and unless I'm mistaken, I believe you have to be living in the Council borough before you can be added to the waiting list.
That would be correct yes. The only exception is if it was through eviction.

But Scotland Landlord/tenant law and processes are different to England.
Char (CR001 not Casa)