ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

5 months gap for 10yrs and baby dependent visa

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Sva_avs
India

5 months gap for 10yrs and baby dependent visa

Post by Sva_avs » Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:35 pm

Dear Immigration guru's

I'm on Tier1 ent expire on apr 2017 there is 5 months gap to 10yrs. I came to UK sep 2007

God blessed me a baby boy in october 2015.

my question is

1) i need to apply dependent visa for my baby before going to an extension on apr 2017? or can i apply along with my application on apr 2017?

2) can i apply extension only for me and my wife with out baby application?

i heard that , if i get ILR then uk born babries are elgible to apply British passport straightaway. is this right?

rizarifpk123456

Re: 5 months gap for 10yrs and baby dependent visa

Post by rizarifpk123456 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:31 pm

Yes you got the correct information. Your baby only need visa if you are about to travel out of country during this period. If not you do not need visa for your baby. and once you got ILR then you can apply for your baby's Citizenship.
And this is from my personal experience of a friend.

Meesha

Post by Meesha » Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:27 pm

Rizarifpk123456: Are you sure that UK born kids will get british passport as one of their parent get ILR.
If UK born kid has travelled abroad on another country passport and lived abroad for 2 years and then living with his parents in UK again, will he/she still get UK passport as one of his/her parent gets ILR?

rizarifpk123456

Post by rizarifpk123456 » Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:54 pm

Not really sure about this. But if a kid born here but did not travel out of country and does not have obtained passport of their parents country, then he/she will apply for citizenship once parents get ilr. This was the case with my friend with. But if kid already travelled on another country passport, even than i think you can apply for citizenship for the kid as its a minor and dont have to pass the LIUK test ( but in your scenario, you should also consult a solicitor but for first scenario that is the real life case).

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:04 pm

Meesha wrote:Rizarifpk123456: Are you sure that UK born kids will get british passport as one of their parent get ILR.
If UK born kid has travelled abroad on another country passport and lived abroad for 2 years and then living with his parents in UK again, will he/she still get UK passport as one of his/her parent gets ILR?
A child born in the UK before parents get ILR is entitled to register as a British Citizen as soon as one or both parents are granted ILR. Once the childs citizenship is approved, a passport can be applied for. This application cannot be refused.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.