ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier1(G) - ILR : Salary Slip and Leave letter from employer

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ssm4u
India

Tier1(G) - ILR : Salary Slip and Leave letter from employer

Post by ssm4u » Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:30 am

Hi,
I'm planning to apply for Tier 1 general to ILR under 5 years route in Jun 2016.
I've always works as a permanent employee.I need few clarifications for the following sections:

Salary Slip: I'm working for a bank. My salary also goes to the bank account from the same bank. So basically the salary slip and bank statement are from same organisation though from 2 different departments. Will it cause any problem?

Leave Letter: I've always worked as a permanent employee.I've been out of UK on short holidays and the max is for 29 day during December holiday. Altogether it is around 165 days in the last 5 years and not exceeding 35-40 days in any 12 months time. I've my salary slip for those months. The previous employer is not willing to provide the letter as required by UKBA. Is there any alternates to this letter. Also could you please mention what is required to be mentioned on the letter. I will try my luck once again.

English Language: I've already proved my english language points (degree taught is english) in the last 2 extensions. There is no option of Tier 1 general in the PBS calculator. Do I've to get the the certificate from UK NARIC?

Thanks
ssm4u

Hola2015

Re: Tier1(G) - ILR : Salary Slip and Leave letter from emplo

Post by Hola2015 » Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:45 pm

ssm4u wrote:Hi,
I'm planning to apply for Tier 1 general to ILR under 5 years route in Jun 2016.
I've always works as a permanent employee.I need few clarifications for the following sections:

Salary Slip: I'm working for a bank. My salary also goes to the bank account from the same bank. So basically the salary slip and bank statement are from same organisation though from 2 different departments. Will it cause any problem?

Leave Letter: I've always worked as a permanent employee.I've been out of UK on short holidays and the max is for 29 day during December holiday. Altogether it is around 165 days in the last 5 years and not exceeding 35-40 days in any 12 months time. I've my salary slip for those months. The previous employer is not willing to provide the letter as required by UKBA. Is there any alternates to this letter. Also could you please mention what is required to be mentioned on the letter. I will try my luck once again.

English Language: I've already proved my english language points (degree taught is english) in the last 2 extensions. There is no option of Tier 1 general in the PBS calculator. Do I've to get the the certificate from UK NARIC?

Thanks
I am providing answers to your questions based on my own experience, others may have a different suggestions.

a) I do not think there should be any issue with your salary slip and bank statement being from the same employer. My belief is that this would not be strange/new to HO

b) If any of the holidays is business related (i.e relating to your work), it will be good to have some form of official evidence from your employer to back this up. Looking at your travel history, it seems you should not have any problem since you did not exceed 35-40 days in any 12 months

c) I believe you are not required to proof this again since you did in previous applications; but including your degree cert with the application will not be of any harm

ssm4u
India

Post by ssm4u » Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:37 pm

Thanks. Any one in the forum has submitted the form without Leave Letter from the employers?
ssm4u

O_Relly

Post by O_Relly » Tue Mar 08, 2016 3:19 pm

1. Hmm interesting. The idea is that you submit proof from 2 different sources and ideally the payslip from employer + bank stmt would satisfy that. Given here that the employer and the bank are the same, I would recommend requesting a 5 year employment history document from HMRC and submitting that as well. There is no charge to request this and will reach you within a weeks time, even though they state a standard 10 days.

As P60, letter from employer will all be from the same source, the only way to differentiate would be getting a statement from HMRC to prove earnings.

2. If you have email comminication from you previous employer who is refusing to provide a letter of absence then this can be provided as evidence which will be accepted.

3. If satisfied in a previous extention is fine, however guidance recommends use of PBS and you can choose Tier 2 and still go thru the steps and are able to provide a printout which displays your education and university is listed. Read the FAQ in the ILR forum in this board and this detail is covered there.
Cheers,
OR

ssm4u
India

Post by ssm4u » Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:08 pm

Regarding point 1:
The bank/build society is a bank so it's statements are regulated differently than the salary slip which is generated internally. So i was always under the impression that they are 2 diff sources. Any experience?
ssm4u

O_Relly

Post by O_Relly » Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:23 pm

ssm4u wrote:Regarding point 1:
The bank/build society is a bank so it's statements are regulated differently than the salary slip which is generated internally. So i was always under the impression that they are 2 diff sources. Any experience?
That does sound reasonable and it seems unlikely that they would pick on this. As long as you can convince the case worker that they are two different entities and operate independently.

I am aware you are on a time crunch here and dont have sufficient time to obtain a letter from HMRC. This would have just bought you some peace of mind.
Cheers,
OR