ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What is a COA like?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pochaco

What is a COA like?

Post by pochaco » Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:40 am

We are applying for EEA Family Member Residence Card for my non-EEA wife. In my understanding if we provide all the evidence they need, she will be issued with COA that confirms her right to work. But I am not sure if this COA is just a simple letter or contains a photo or a vignette or something like that that could be used as an ID while her passport is held by Home Office.

I cannot really imagine that any employer would employ someone who only shows a letter from Home Offiuce but has no passport or other acceptable photo ID.

I have read somewhere in the forum that only EEA citizens can request their passports back. If non-EEA citizens do so it means that they are withdrawing their application. Is this true?

sandy88

Re: What is a COA like?

Post by sandy88 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:58 am

Hi mate,
COA is not a visa or residence card, it's a confirmation of Application in a letter headed paper. This do not have a picture. Once you have been issued COA with right to work, then the prospective or current employer has to do a right work check online with the nationality and case Id provided on the letter. Them the home office send employer a "positive verification notice' via email. This what happened in my case.

You and your non Eu wife wife can request passport back once you have issued COA.

REGARDS

heath2006

Post by heath2006 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:02 am

COA is a letter containing the applicants name, address and case ID. I wouldn't call this a form of ID.

Non-EEA citizens can also request their passport back. This does not automatically mean that the application is withdrawn. I requested our passports back (EU and non-EU national) and it was no problem at all.

pochaco

Post by pochaco » Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:27 am

Thank you.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:57 am

Example docs...
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... nts_v5.pdf

See COA: page 17-18
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.