ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BC App - asked to send English test, pls help

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

barbs400
Newly Registered

BC App - asked to send English test, pls help

Post by barbs400 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:11 am

Sorry I know its not the right place to post but I really need some info or help pls. I have been asked to send my English language test certificate but I have already sent it with the original application. I am real worried now. I did it throught ITA and sat my test in July last year. What should I do now? In my first letter I received bacl it said supporting documents - 2 which was my Life in the UK and my B1 certificate.

Thank you any help will be appreciated

noajthan

Re: BC App - asked to send English test, pls help

Post by noajthan » Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:28 am

barbs400 wrote:Sorry I know its not the right place to post but I really need some info or help pls. I have been asked to send my English language test certificate but I have already sent it with the original application. I am real worried now. I did it throught ITA and sat my test in July last year. What should I do now? In my first letter I received bacl it said supporting documents - 2 which was my Life in the UK and my B1 certificate.

Thank you any help will be appreciated
This forum is fine for your question.

When did you apply to naturalise?

What is the ITA certificate you have?
Name/level/grade?
Taken where?
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

barbs400
Newly Registered

Post by barbs400 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:51 pm

Hi its the B1 speaking and listening test and it was with ITA in July last year as said they have gotten it with my application but said I need to send it to them. Makes me worried. Took it in cambridge. Just dont know if I should send them an email explaining I already send it or what I need to do. Thank you for moving it to the right place.

barbs400
Newly Registered

Post by barbs400 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:52 pm

Applied for naturalisation in January 2016 got letter asking for it on Thursday.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:56 pm

barbs400 wrote:Applied for naturalisation in January 2016 got letter asking for it on Thursday.
Did you use this certificate in connection with an ILR application made in/after 2013?

Otherwise, unfortunately, ESOL certificates have not been acceptable in applications filed since since November 2015.

How did you apply, directly or via NCS?
Did you not spot this requirement in the guidance and when you completed the form?

See forum FAQs on this vital matter, particularly Q8:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... 98118.html

You may have to take & submit another test quickly; (SELT test).

barbs400
Newly Registered

Post by barbs400 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 3:01 pm

No because wheb I applied for ILR only life in the uk test was required then I did the B1 test in July and it is acceptable for it as I did look at the list of acceptable ones. I also made sure that I could use it in my British citizenship application. Really stressing now as if I have to take it again it will be longer then the time the letter gave me to redo it

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Mar 05, 2016 3:05 pm

As Noajthan has advised "unfortunately, ESOL certificates have not been acceptable in applications filed since since November 2015."
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sat Mar 05, 2016 4:20 pm

barbs400 wrote:No because wheb I applied for ILR only life in the uk test was required then I did the B1 test in July and it is acceptable for it as I did look at the list of acceptable ones. I also made sure that I could use it in my British citizenship application. Really stressing now as if I have to take it again it will be longer then the time the letter gave me to redo it
If not used for ILR after 2013 then an ESOL is no good for you now.

You could have submitted ESOL before Nov 5 or 6, 2015 (I forget the exact cutoff date), but no later.

Suggest re-check the providers and book a SELT at an approved test centre asap.
Otherwise you face refusal with no appeal and no grounds for reconsideration.

As you mentioned, the caseworker has already seen the ITA certificate once; so you can see they have extended a last chance to you now.

barbs400
Newly Registered

Post by barbs400 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 4:56 pm

noajthan wrote:
barbs400 wrote:No because wheb I applied for ILR only life in the uk test was required then I did the B1 test in July and it is acceptable for it as I did look at the list of acceptable ones. I also made sure that I could use it in my British citizenship application. Really stressing now as if I have to take it again it will be longer then the time the letter gave me to redo it
If not used for ILR after 2013 then an ESOL is no good for you now.

You could have submitted ESOL before Nov 5 or 6, 2015 (I forget the exact cutoff date), but no later.

Suggest re-check the providers and book a SELT at an approved test centre asap.
Otherwise you face refusal with no appeal and no grounds for reconsideration.

As you mentioned, the caseworker has already seen the ITA certificate once; so you can see they have extended a last chance to you now.
Thanks for help I have now booked another test but it takes 7 days for certificate to show up and I have to submit it by 14/03/2016 wondering if I send my reference and my status of pass will they be willing to wait for certificate a few days later :( I honestly didnt realise this as I filled my application in August last year but didnt send it off til January :( do you think they may be leanient with the reference and so on if I send the certificate as soon as I get it?

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by ohara » Sat Mar 05, 2016 6:12 pm

You completed the application in August? Are you aware there have been 2 new versions of the AN form since then? :?

barbs400
Newly Registered

Post by barbs400 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 8:12 pm

Yeah but I made sure it was correct everything else is correct just the english exam certificate is wrong

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sat Mar 05, 2016 8:13 pm

barbs400 wrote:Thanks for help I have now booked another test but it takes 7 days for certificate to show up and I have to submit it by 14/03/2016 wondering if I send my reference and my status of pass will they be willing to wait for certificate a few days later :( I honestly didnt realise this as I filled my application in August last year but didnt send it off til January :( do you think they may be leanient with the reference and so on if I send the certificate as soon as I get it?
No, there is unlikely to be any more leniency than you have already been given with the chance to submit a certificate;
(caseworker has already seen you have an invalid certificate).

Other members have reported straight refusals in cases like this.

When dealing with HO on immigration matters you really need to up your game;
- never give HO any 'wriggle room'.

The fact you have had the LITUK certificate returned already is, frankly, not a good sign as HO usually keeps that when an application succeeds.

barbs400
Newly Registered

Post by barbs400 » Sun Mar 06, 2016 12:00 am

Hi

My certificate weren't returned only my passport and my drivers licence they still have my marriage certificate my life in the uk certificate and the english certificate which weren't right