ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport Online Application - Some questions

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tulipz
Mood:
United Kingdom

Passport Online Application - Some questions

Post by tulipz » Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:29 am

Hi,
I filled online applications for a family of 4 (me, DH and our two kids ages 6yrs and 1month ). Can someone please help me?

1. Do I send the declaration forms, supporting documents etc for EVERYONE in ONE envelope or separate envelope for each applicant?

2. Regarding the box "Relationship of applicant to intended passport holder" and the box under it. My understanding is that these two boxes will be empty for the adults. For the kids, I write "mother" in the first box and my name in the box below. Please confirm if my understanding is correct.

3. Regarding the box "Applicant to sign" - My understanding is that I (parent) need to sign for the kids. Please confirm

4. My daughter (age 6) was born in India. She has Indian passport and was on ILR. Now she is registered as a UK citizen. Do I need to send her birth certificate too?

5. My son was born in the UK when we (parents) were on ILR. My understanding is that its sufficient if I send ONE parent's ILR as a proof of his claim to British Citizenship. Please confirm.

6. On the declaration form, there is a space for photograph at the right bottom of the page. Do I glue or staple the photograph here? I assume its the uncertified photograph.

Any relevant advice gratefully received! Thank you.

tulipz
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Passport Online Application - Some questions

Post by tulipz » Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:23 pm

Can anyone help please?

Richard W
- thin ice -
England

Post by Richard W » Sat Mar 05, 2016 3:27 pm

tulipz wrote:I filled online applications for a family of 4 (me, DH and our two kids ages 6yrs and 1month ). Can someone please help me?

1. Do I send the declaration forms, supporting documents etc for EVERYONE in ONE envelope or separate envelope for each applicant?
The passport office certainly used to say that they preferred to handle a family's passports together. As there is some dependence between the applications, send them together.
tulipz wrote: 2. Regarding the box "Relationship of applicant to intended passport holder" and the box under it. My understanding is that these two boxes will be empty for the adults. For the kids, I write "mother" in the first box and my name in the box below. Please confirm if my understanding is correct.
Yes.
tulipz wrote:3. Regarding the box "Applicant to sign" - My understanding is that I (parent) need to sign for the kids. Please confirm
If you don't sign anywhere else, then yes.
tulipz wrote: 4. My daughter (age 6) was born in India. She has Indian passport and was on ILR. Now she is registered as a UK citizen. Do I need to send her birth certificate too?
It will probably make the passport office happier about the data of birth to record in her passport, so I would say to send it.
tulipz wrote: 5. My son was born in the UK when we (parents) were on ILR. My understanding is that its sufficient if I send ONE parent's ILR as a proof of his claim to British Citizenship. Please confirm.
Yes, one parent's ILR suffices. Mother's is best, as then you shouldn't don't need a marriage certificate so as to derive Brtish citizenship from the father. (Strictly, I'm not sure that a recent birth certificate is acceptable evidence to derive citizenship from the father without proof that the mother was married to the father.)
tulipz wrote: 6. On the declaration form, there is a space for photograph at the right bottom of the page. Do I glue or staple the photograph here? I assume its the uncertified photograph.
Do not staple photographs without instructions! That is clearly defacement.

I have never glued photographs to forms - I think such attachment is done at the passport office.

tulipz
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by tulipz » Sat Mar 05, 2016 4:39 pm

Thanks a LOT Richard!