ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

settlement visa sri lanka

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

karunanayake
Newly Registered

settlement visa sri lanka

Post by karunanayake » Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:13 am

hello..... Does anyone know how long they take to decide on the settlement visas in sri lanka, i know on there web site it says 13 weeks but was hoping it would be quicker wanting my husband home for christmas thats if all goes well any info from people who applied there would help ,,thankyou,,,

RISHI
Newly Registered

Re: settlement visa sri lanka

Post by RISHI » Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:21 pm

my husband is also in srilanka, applied for the spouse visa in 19th OCT. But still no reply from the embassy. I think it takes about 13 weeks maximum. when did ur husband has applied?

eliasuk4u
Member of Standing

Post by eliasuk4u » Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:12 pm

Does anyone know how long they take to decide on the settlement visas in sri lanka
It depends on the documents you submit. It can take any time from 1 day to 13 weeks.

What documents did you submit? can you explain more about your husband's & Your situation.

penelope
Newly Registered

Post by penelope » Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:37 pm

I can tell you that there is a backlog of applications at the Bristish High Commission in Colombo and applications are all taking 13 weeks. It's been 12 weeks since my husband submitted his application and I was advised when I called today that they were determining applications submitted 31st August today and that he should hear at the beginning of next week.

Hope that helps. Doesn't make any difference what documents you submitted as far as I can tell from speaking to others.

eliasuk4u
Member of Standing

Post by eliasuk4u » Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:58 am

Doesn't make any difference what documents you submitted
Of course it makes lot of differences. If all the documents are submitted in a neat evidence folder which will make entry clearance officer's jobs easier which will make your application pass through quicker as well. I applied for my entry clearance in British High commission in December 2006, Despite having a bad immigration history (Applied asylum previously in UK) I got my spouse visa the very next day.

penelope
Newly Registered

Post by penelope » Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:32 pm

well I did exactly that with all supporting evidence indexed. Whenever I call the Embassy they look at the date of submission and advise it will 12-13 weeks so I think you are wrong.

Every embassy is different and it depends on how busy they are. At the moment they have a backlog on all visas.

karunanayake
Newly Registered

Post by karunanayake » Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:20 am

RISHI wrote:my husband is also in srilanka, applied for the spouse visa in 19th OCT. But still no reply from the embassy. I think it takes about 13 weeks maximum. when did ur husband has applied?
hi rishi.... my husband applied on the 7th november when he applied they said it would take about 4 weeks,,, now i can see thats not true please let me know the outcome of your husbands case.......Thanks......

RISHI
Newly Registered

Post by RISHI » Wed Dec 05, 2007 2:36 pm

yes ,I will let you know.

penelope
Newly Registered

Post by penelope » Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:19 pm

Hi all,

A word of warning from my experiences over the last couple of days. If you speak to the Bristish High Commission in Sri Lanka and they say the passport is ready, make absolutely sure it is before your spouse goes ot pick it up.

I called the BHC yesterday to check on the progress of my husband's application (now over 13 weeks) and was told that his passport was ready to be picked up. It was too late for him to pick it up yesterday but he travelled the 3 and a half hour journey today to Colombo, paying 5,000 rupees for a taxi and when he arrived was told that they were still awaiting checks on the documents and it wasn't ready yet!! So he had a totally wasted journey and we both had sleepless nights, worrying about whether he was going t get his visa or not for nothing.

He tried to call this morning as well to double check but nobody was answering the phones!!

Now we've been told to wait until next week...again...yawn...

I don't think they even realise how traumatic it is for everyone concerned. When I called to ask them about it they just said this was the wrong information I was given. No sorry or any kind of apology.

Be warned :o)

penelope
Newly Registered

Post by penelope » Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:07 pm

Just to let you know - My husband finally got his visa today after 14 weeks and will be here on Sunday!! The visa office advised me that they are generally taking 3 months to determine applications but my husband's took longer due to problems with the biometrics system.

I wish you all the best of luck and hope that you don't have to wait too long for an answer and that you are successful. Keep positive. Much love to you all xx

RISHI
Newly Registered

Post by RISHI » Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:39 am

hi, Many congratulations to you and your husband.

One question; did you call BHC or VAC when quering about your husband's case?

karunanayake
Newly Registered

Post by karunanayake » Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:17 pm

hi,, just to let you know its been 15 weeks now and heard nothing everytime we phone them all we get told is that the application is pending,, really didnt realise it would take this long.... :?

m000n

Post by m000n » Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:14 pm

karunanayake wrote:hi,, just to let you know its been 15 weeks now and heard nothing everytime we phone them all we get told is that the application is pending,, really didnt realise it would take this long.... :?
write to yourd local MP
tnx