ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 ICT to Tier 2 General - Cooling Off

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hk2014
Newly Registered

Tier 2 ICT to Tier 2 General - Cooling Off

Post by hk2014 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:30 pm

Hi,

I am working in London on ICT Tier 2 Long Term Visa from past 2 years and my visa is valid for 1 more year. After completing 3 years with same employer on ICT Tier 2 visa, if my employer agrees to sponsor me for a Tier 2 General visa, then can I avoid the cooling off period and switch to T2 General directly or do I still need to serve the 12 months cooling period?

Please suggest. Thanks

Cheers
HK

poper
Diamond Member
India

Re: Tier 2 ICT to Tier 2 General - Cooling Off

Post by poper » Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:54 am

hk2014 wrote:Hi,

I am working in London on ICT Tier 2 Long Term Visa from past 2 years and my visa is valid for 1 more year. After completing 3 years with same employer on ICT Tier 2 visa, if my employer agrees to sponsor me for a Tier 2 General visa, then can I avoid the cooling off period and switch to T2 General directly
Not possible
or do I still need to serve the 12 months cooling period
Yes
?

Please suggest. Thanks

Cheers
HK
You could probably get your questions answered by doing some reading yourself on the sticky notes -

http://www.immigrationboards.com/uk-tie ... 98916.html

or the gov.uk website

https://www.gov.uk/tier-2-general/switch-to-this-visa

Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.