ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Joint naturalisation and Citizenship at NCS

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tg2016
Newly Registered

Joint naturalisation and Citizenship at NCS

Post by tg2016 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:02 pm

Hi,

I was checking the NCS at my local council website and it said that we can send both naturaliation and british citizenship application forms at the same time. I am thinking about applying for my 21 months old UK born son. Please can someone confirm if the above is possible?

Also in the MN1 form for the biometric section the guidance says that for children under 6 fingerprints are not required but didgital photo needs to be taken. So does that mean i need to fill out that section and get the digitised photo of his face. Hmmmmm if thats the case then I am in for a huge feat to be accomplished for him to stay still for the photo to be taken.

Kindly can the respected gurus clears the above queries.

Regards,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Joint naturalisation and Citizenship at NCS

Post by CR001 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:30 pm

we can send both naturaliation and british citizenship application forms at the same time
These two are the same thing. Do you mean citizenship and passport? Only certain councils offer the joint application process. If yours does, then you can use the service.

If this query relates to your child, please note that children are REGISTERED. Only adults are naturalised.

Yes, you need to complete the section of the form. HO will write to you to enroll biometrics at the Post Office.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.