ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN 1 Application taking too long

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Rizcon

MN 1 Application taking too long

Post by Rizcon » Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:01 pm

Hi
I've applied for my UK born son aged 5 years almost 5 months ago. Done biometrics in first week of November last year, but after that not heard any thing about his MN1 application.
I can understand that according to HO guidelines, it can take upto 6 months to get any out come about these sort of applications, but normally they don't take that long for UK born children.
I've searched the time lines of other members and the information available in these time lines shows almost every case decided within 4 months though some of them got their decisions after 1 month.
I've applied by post and now started to feel that there is some thing wrong with his application which is driving me crazy.
I know, if I contact HO, they will say that 6 months have not over yet and they will ask me to wait.
Any member out here who is also in same boat and still waiting for the outcome of their children MN1 application decision after 5 months?

LilyLalilu

Re: MN 1 Application taking too long

Post by LilyLalilu » Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:12 pm

I'm sure there is nothing wrong with the application, if there was they'd let you know.
It's normal to take up to 6 months, I know it must be frustrating but best to sit tight and maybe get your MP involved once the 6 month mark has passed :)
All information given is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

Babui
Newly Registered
Mood:
Bangladesh

Re: MN 1 Application taking too long

Post by Babui » Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:57 pm

Rizcon wrote:Hi
I've applied for my UK born son aged 5 years almost 5 months ago. Done biometrics in first week of November last year, but after that not heard any thing about his MN1 application.
I can understand that according to HO guidelines, it can take upto 6 months to get any out come about these sort of applications, but normally they don't take that long for UK born children.
I've searched the time lines of other members and the information available in these time lines shows almost every case decided within 4 months though some of them got their decisions after 1 month.
I've applied by post and now started to feel that there is some thing wrong with his application which is driving me crazy.
I know, if I contact HO, they will say that 6 months have not over yet and they will ask me to wait.
Any member out here who is also in same boat and still waiting for the outcome of their children MN1 application decision after 5 months?
Hi rizcon
I am also in same boat did biometric 4 my little one 1(3) @15th November still no sign let see what's come up
Thanks