ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Application form and IHS Health Surcharge

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

zartanx
Newly Registered

Tier 2 Application form and IHS Health Surcharge

Post by zartanx » Tue Mar 08, 2016 4:18 pm

Hello,

I am on a Tier 2 General Visa which started from 30th of Aug 2015. My visa is valid till Sep 2018. I have also paid the NHS fees till Sep 2018.

Now I am changing my employer as I have been offered a new job with much higher salary. I am planning to apply my Visa this month in Priority service. But my question is regarding the NHS fees. Will I have to pay the full amount again. I already have an IHS number which is valid till Sep 2018. However, my new visa will most likely be valid till April 2019.

Can anyone give some clarity on this.

Regards...

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 Application form and IHS Health Surcharge

Post by CR001 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:28 pm

IHS fee has to be paid with each application you make. It is your choice to change jobs and visas not HO's.

You might get a partial refund of the previous fee, you might not.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Hamidg
Newly Registered

Post by Hamidg » Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:43 am

Hi Zartanx,

All the posts/info in internet suggest that you need to pay twice even though it doesn't make any sense at all as you're not going to use NHS twice!!!

BUT I have a good news for people like you. My friend was exactly in the same position as you and he paid the surcharge twice to proceed with his booking as he used the premium service. By chance he booked it in Glasgow and interestingly the refund section of Home Office sits in Glasgow. So he asks them and they refund him!!!!! I just post this here to share the message for all who are frustrated by these charges and double charges!!!!!!

The down side is there is no contact number or email address you can contact to and not sure how to get your refund, however, I suggest all people to have their appointment in Glasgow, it's worth it :)

ravi.bopara
Newly Registered

Post by ravi.bopara » Sun Apr 24, 2016 2:22 pm

Hi.

Members, who have been to this process and received refund, please share your experience.
Thanks