ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Apply EEA(PR) for both EEA national and spouse

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

iameea
Newly Registered

Apply EEA(PR) for both EEA national and spouse

Post by iameea » Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:48 pm

Hi

I'd be happy if someone can help with my following:

I'm EEA national who has been living/working in UK for more than 7 years, but never apply for PR. My wife is a non-EEA member who has been living with me since 2009 in UK. She has her 5-years RC expired last year. In early 2015, she has withdrew her PR application and away from UK for a while (not longer than 6 months), then in Oct 2015 came back UK with a EEA permit.

Now we want to apply the EEA(PR), one for me as the main applicant and one for my wife as a non-EEA family member. I got confusion with our applications as here:

1) can we both apply on the same EEA (PR)
2) should I act as the sponsor for my wife and fill the section "Your sponsor" on section two

Thanks
iameea

noajthan

Re: Apply EEA(PR) for both EEA national and spouse

Post by noajthan » Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:45 pm

iameea wrote:Hi

I'd be happy if someone can help with my following:

I'm EEA national who has been living/working in UK for more than 7 years, but never apply for PR. My wife is a non-EEA member who has been living with me since 2009 in UK. She has her 5-years RC expired last year. In early 2015, she has withdrew her PR application and away from UK for a while (not longer than 6 months), then in Oct 2015 came back UK with a EEA permit.

Now we want to apply the EEA(PR), one for me as the main applicant and one for my wife as a non-EEA family member. I got confusion with our applications as here:

1) can we both apply on the same EEA (PR)
2) should I act as the sponsor for my wife and fill the section "Your sponsor" on section two

Thanks
iameea
1) Yes

2) You are the sponsor for your wife but not for yourself.
So if you are the main applicant on the one form simply add your wife as a family member in section C (page 18+).
Skip section 2.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

iameea
Newly Registered

Re: Apply EEA(PR) for both EEA national and spouse

Post by iameea » Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:43 pm

Hi Noajthan

Thanks for your swift reply.

Ok, got your reply. But still have these issues:

1) In section 5.3 (p.28), should we both include all leave/back history from first time arrived UK beyond 5 years from to-date time (5.3 ... since you/they entered?)

2) In section 9 about EEA activity in the UK.
a) (5) (p.48) In 2006 to 2007, I had some vocational training in 8 years ago, should I give details here
b) (8) (p.50) as stated above, same period 2006 to 2007, I got some jobseeker allowance to study the training course, should I give details here

3) In section 16 (p.74) about public funds, this is same as the jobseeker allowance stated in 2b) above, should I give details here

4) In section 17, Personal history, p17.9, how to fill this part?

5) In section 19 Declarations
As you replied, I am the applicant. So I need to sign this page (p.82), and no need to sign as sponsor on page 84.
What about my wife as non-EEA member. Should she need to sign and where to sign?

Many thanks in advance.
Iameea