ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

File dormant account for first year

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

amy singh
Newly Registered

File dormant account for first year

Post by amy singh » Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:17 pm

Hello,

I'm on Entrepreneur visa which i received last year Nov 2015, but applied in the August 2014
waited almost one year, the reason was got refused on a very silly reason , but finally won the case

my only confusion is as i started my business before 11 July 2014, up and started running also got a contact,
but as i did't received my visa, I couldn't trade or invest my money anywhere for the reason, my first year that is 2014/15 accounting year would be dormant account, does it effect during my extension time

I was just waiting for my visa and thought would start my business and it took to long

can anyone suggest me what would be the best thing i can do.

please help

Regards,
Amy

Sar78
BANNED

Re: File dormant account for first year

Post by Sar78 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:32 pm

Do you not even have business expenses for the first year, i.e. absolutely no activity took place relating to the business at all?
I know of a couple of businesses who had £0 revenue for the first year, but were asked to prepare accounts as actively trading businesses (when they contacted the HMRC) because they had incurred business expenses, i.e. some level of trading was taking place.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: File dormant account for first year

Post by zimba » Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:00 pm

amy singh wrote:Hello,

I'm on Entrepreneur visa which i received last year Nov 2015, but applied in the August 2014
waited almost one year, the reason was got refused on a very silly reason , but finally won the case

my only confusion is as i started my business before 11 July 2014, up and started running also got a contact,
but as i did't received my visa, I couldn't trade or invest my money anywhere for the reason, my first year that is 2014/15 accounting year would be dormant account, does it effect during my extension time

I was just waiting for my visa and thought would start my business and it took to long

can anyone suggest me what would be the best thing i can do.

please help

Regards,
Amy
Ask your accountant to file for year 2014/15, with no turn over. problem solved
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice