ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How to Join Partner. MY Story. Help Please!!

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dexter0
- thin ice -

How to Join Partner. MY Story. Help Please!!

Post by dexter0 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:53 pm

Hello my fellow NL

I want to share my story with you and pray that you people can assist me to achieve my goal.

Firstly, I went to the UK to study, I finished my first degree and decided to gain some working experience and some little money before coming back home to support my people.

I met a Portuguese lady (let us call her Melinda) and we got married at the final year of my university.

I met another fellow Nigerian, lets' call him Tosin.
Tosin was the one who convinced me into getting married with Melinda inorder not to get sent back.

I got a Residence card in 2014 as a family member of an EEA national to expire on the 2019.

Then I had a falling out with Tosin since after I got married and he promised to get me.
In 2014, Tosin set me up with another female who was his "baby mama", as he calls her.

I got arrested in 2014 and got deported in 2015.

And while i was in prison, all the other fellow Africans and blacks, that I have helped since I arrived to the UK, told me that they were going to get Tosin for this.
I was later told he ran away and was not seen. So I ended up pleading with them all to leave him alone, that I have forgiven him.

That is all. I have decided to summarise my story with you.
So I am back to Naija now and I am having a difficult experience overall.

My goal now is that how do I get reunited with Melinda who is still 100% supportive of me. Because she knows the truth of the whole story.

My passport with the Residence Card on it, has not been tampered with by the authorities. It expired in ending of 2014.

I have a new passport now. All with the same name but a different passport number.

Melinda is coming to visit me in Naija for the Easter holidays.

My questions...
1. How can I either go back with Melinda or join her?
The problem is that she is working in the UK. And I cannot go there.
She is a EEA national but very busy to relocate.
2. Can I still use my residence card/permit which is still on my old passport to travel to join her or with her?
The problem is I got the residence card in the UK and I do not know if it has been cancelled by their authorities or not in their systems.
3. What is the best step by step method of getting back into Europe as a family member of an EEA national?
4. What European country would be best for me to obtain a visa?
5. How can I get a residence card inthe EU country?
6. I also plan on studying either a postgraduate degree or undergraduate degree in a no-tuition fee university after I get a recidence card.
So what is the best way forward?
7.I am hoping to do the NYSC this year. So is it worth it to do the NYSC or should I quickly join Melinda and build my future from the EU?
I feel like doing the NYSC because I feel I would get a job here after I am done. But that means I would forgo Melinda who has been 100% behind me. And for the fear of God in me, I cannot do such a thing.
8. SO what should I do please?

Please can you guys help me with these issues? And my apologise if it is too long.
Thanks you all.

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: How to Join Partner. MY Story. Help Please!!

Post by Casa » Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:06 pm

(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:21 pm

This is not a marriage counselling service it is an immigration board.
It is quite beyond my ken how anyone is supposed to know what Miranda/Melinda/Melissa wants to do - suggest you ask her.

Members are busy people and many now access ImmigrationBoards on smartphones so a long, convoluted sobstory is unlikely to be read.
Best keep it simple and stick to cold, hard facts.

Kindly refrain from making multiple posts with multiple variations on the same basic story; (making multiple posts contravenes Board T&Cs)
- just continue in other thread.

You have your answer in the other thread.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:07 pm

noajthan wrote:This is not a marriage counselling service it is an immigration board.
It is quite beyond my ken how anyone is supposed to know what Miranda/Melinda/Melissa wants to do - suggest you ask her.

Members are busy people and many now access ImmigrationBoards on smartphones so a long, convoluted sobstory is unlikely to be read.
Best keep it simple and stick to cold, hard facts.

Kindly refrain from making multiple posts with multiple variations on the same basic story; (making multiple posts contravenes Board T&Cs)
- just continue in other thread.

You have your answer in the other thread.
Note the wife has also miraculously changed from Spanish to Portuguese from one story to the next. :|
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.