ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Firm fee

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

YouKTier
United Kingdom

Firm fee

Post by YouKTier » Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:17 am

Hi, just a quick doubt might sound silly to some but please answer if you dont mind: I am going to use a certain firm for T1E extension application, is it fine to pay their fees through my business bank account? Will it be considered as a business expense or personal?

Mrchaany

Re: Firm fee

Post by Mrchaany » Sat Mar 12, 2016 11:11 am

This is not bad question
But common sense need to be implement
Visa fee is for business purposes of the main applicant which is technically business expenses but from accounting point of view need discussion

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:40 pm

Your visa is a personal matter. You cannot pay the fees from your business account.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

seasky
BANNED
United Kingdom

Post by seasky » Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:51 pm

My firm pays visa costs. It is in my contract. Logic is I am an expat coming to the UK for the purpose and value of my compnay (that fact I am the founder does not derogate from this) it is for the benefit of the company and its shareholders.

Does not directly matter but many T1 ent first and foremost want to come to the UK scan the different visas available and choose T1 ent. I wanted to develop my technology in the UK because it is the best place (existing knowhow, great market etc) and chose a visa that allowed me to do this.

Saying that none of the £200k went to visa cost simply because much more has been invested.

YouKTier
United Kingdom

Post by YouKTier » Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:13 pm

Thanks guys, I asked an accountant who said its fine to pay through business account as the visa is for business without which business wont exist :D

whiteroses
BANNED

Post by whiteroses » Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:51 am

A company is a separate legal entity and, technically, it can continue with someone else as director/shareholder/etc. From that point of view, I don't see how you can pay from the business account. But then again, you can put it in your contract like someone on this page did.