ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Life in the UK test name swap

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Jaadi
Newly Registered

Life in the UK test name swap

Post by Jaadi » Sat Mar 12, 2016 11:31 am

Hi

I need some help from the forum members please.

I just took Life in the UK test and passed it. However, the lady at the testing centre said that when I booked my test I input my surname as my first name and my first name as my last name. She said she cannot change it on the pass certificate but she left a note on her online system about my name and asked me to write my name in correct order on their testing centres attendance sheet and initial it.

I need advicd or some sort of assurance that if I include a cover note explaining the name swap issue on the certificate and send my application, it will not be refused.

Any advice will be much appreciated.

Kind regards

Jaadi

Jaadi
Newly Registered

Re: Life in the UK test name swap

Post by Jaadi » Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:04 pm

Just to clarify... I will be using the life in the UK test to apply for naturalisation.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:53 pm

You don't need a cover letter. It is a common mistake and many members have had no issues as the name is still the same just the wrong way round.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Jaadi
Newly Registered

Post by Jaadi » Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:31 pm

CR001 wrote:You don't need a cover letter. It is a common mistake and many members have had no issues as the name is still the same just the wrong way round.
Thanks very much for your reply...I can now have a sigh of relief :)

Have good weekend.

s1344678

Post by s1344678 » Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:34 am

You should be fine, a quote from the F.A.Q. on https://lituktest.com/

This is a common mistake, usually there is nothing to worry about. You are unlikely to encounter any issues during your application process.

Good luck with your application

Jaadi
Newly Registered

Post by Jaadi » Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:24 pm

s1344678 wrote:You should be fine, a quote from the F.A.Q. on https://lituktest.com/

This is a common mistake, usually there is nothing to worry about. You are unlikely to encounter any issues during your application process.

Good luck with your application

Can't thank you enough for taking time to share this info. Stay blessed.