ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

KNOWLEDGE OF LANGUAGE

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

heetdpatel

KNOWLEDGE OF LANGUAGE

Post by heetdpatel » Sat Mar 12, 2016 4:27 pm

Hi

I am planning to apply for Naturalisation on next week, But i have a query on below section.

On form 1.22. KNOWLEDGE OF LANGUAGE

I have certificate for Life in the uk but on second part they have a below option.

I have a speaking and listening qualification in English at B1 CEFR or higher, that is on
the Home Office’s list of recognised tests and was taken at an approved test centre (Go to
question 1.23)
Form AN Application form (version 01/16) Page 7 of 31
Or
I have obtained an academic qualification deemed by UK NARIC to meet the recognised
standard of a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or PhD in the United Kingdom and:
i. UK NARIC has confirmed that the qualification was taught or researched in English; or
ii. the qualification was taught or researched in the UK or a majority English speaking country
(other than Canada);
Or
I am a national of a majority English speaking country;
Or
I met the knowledge of language and life requirement to qualify for settlement on or after
28th October 2013;
Or
I wish to claim exemption on the basis of my age, physical or mental condition (physical
and/or mental illness may not lead automatically to exemption. You should provide
reasons on page 23. Your application may fail and the fee retained if insufficient reasons
for exemption are provided).
Further guidance about the knowledge of language and life in the UK requirement can be found
in the Guide and Booklet AN that accompanies this form. Additional information can also be
found on our website.

Now my question is I got ILR on March 2015 so if i tick on below

I met the knowledge of language and life requirement to qualify for settlement on or after
28th October 2013;

Then do I have to attach my certificate which i send on my ILR application which is City & Guide for C1 exam.?

And if yes then this certificate is still valid because on current guide it says it is not valid?

Or now do I have to give certificate from Trinity collage London?

fabercastel

Re: KNOWLEDGE OF LANGUAGE

Post by fabercastel » Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:06 pm

Take all the certs with you, but normally the NCS would say to tick that option (already proved) and NOT recommend to attach any certs with your application as you have proved already and further attaching will only confuse the case worker as mentioned by NCS.

experienced moderators will have have more say on this.

good luck