ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA (PR) Application for EEA/EU national - Few Questions

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nestmc
Newly Registered

EEA (PR) Application for EEA/EU national - Few Questions

Post by nestmc » Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:32 pm

Hello

I’m a Polish (EEA/EU) national who lived in UK for over 7 years, studying and working. I recently made a mistake of booking the NCS (Nationality Checking Service) hoping that I will be able to get a copy of my documents included in Permanent Residence application, but after my booking I found out that the NCS is only for Citizenship applications and in the end lost £80. Now I’m trying to be more careful and ask for some advice before I submit my application:

1) Since NCS is not able to provide a copy of my documents for Permanent Residence Card application, is there any way of providing a copy of my passport, so that I can travel while my application is pending? If not, could I request it back once my documents reach the home office? I wouldn’t want to be without passport for over 5 months as that's the only document that allows me to travel. I'm aware that I could go the solicitor way, but I was wondering if there is any other way as I know that it can be expensive.

2) I currently have a payslip history for every employer I worked for, however I don’t have the every P45/P60's. Could that be an issue?

3) Do I have to provide Biometric information even though I have been studying/working in UK for over 7 years?

4) Finally, does anyone have any advice on organising the documents included in the application? Is there a certain 'right' way to do it, or as long as everything is in separate labelled folders it should be fine?

Thanks a lot in advance, I would really appreciate any help and suggestions!

Please let me know if you think that there is anything else that I should be aware of.

Many thanks!

noajthan

Re: EEA (PR) Application for EEA/EU national - Few Questions

Post by noajthan » Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:39 pm

nestmc wrote:Hello

I’m a Polish (EEA/EU) national who lived in UK for over 7 years, studying and working. I recently made a mistake of booking the NCS (Nationality Checking Service) hoping that I will be able to get a copy of my documents included in Permanent Residence application, but after my booking I found out that the NCS is only for Citizenship applications and in the end lost £80. Now I’m trying to be more careful and ask for some advice before I submit my application:

1) Since NCS is not able to provide a copy of my documents for Permanent Residence Card application, is there any way of providing a copy of my passport, so that I can travel while my application is pending? If not, could I request it back once my documents reach the home office? I wouldn’t want to be without passport for over 5 months as that's the only document that allows me to travel. I'm aware that I could go the solicitor way, but I was wondering if there is any other way as I know that it can be expensive.

2) I currently have a payslip history for every employer I worked for, however I don’t have the every P45/P60's. Could that be an issue?

3) Do I have to provide Biometric information even though I have been studying/working in UK for over 7 years?

4) Finally, does anyone have any advice on organising the documents included in the application? Is there a certain 'right' way to do it, or as long as everything is in separate labelled folders it should be fine?

Thanks a lot in advance, I would really appreciate any help and suggestions!

Please let me know if you think that there is anything else that I should be aware of.
1) Request docs back after filing application.

2) Shouldn't be issue if you have adequate alternative.

3) Only non-EEA submit biometrics.

4) Be organised and methodical.
Keep scans & copies of everything you submit (document, form, payment details).
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by ohara » Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:35 am

The application for a document certifying permanent residence for EEA nationals takes 6-8 weeks in most cases, not 5 months.

Regardless you can request your documents back after 10 working days from when the Home Office receiving the application. There is an online form to do this here: https://www.gov.uk/visa-documents-returned

If it is urgent you can write this in the comments box, I asked for my passport back urgently and it arrived in 1st class post in 4 working days.

EEA citizens do not need to enrol biometric information as we have (or should have) biometric passports. I am aware there a still are few non-biometric EEA passports around as they were not mandatory before 28th August 2006 and some countries were still issuing 10 year non-biometric passports right up until that day. I still have one :wink:

As for organising documents, I sent everything in a padded A4 envelope. I used the EEA PR form and only had to print about 25 pages of it (you don't need to send parts not relevant to your application). Stapled these all together. I sent 5 years worth of council tax bills, stapled together. Five P60's (NOT stapled together, but neat). Five years worth of June/July bank statements, stapled together. Then a couple of extra single pages such as letter from my employer etc, just loose at the back.

I assume the HO casework team who deal with this are pretty organised and will figure it out, and won't be pissed off unless you send it in a huge mess. Ironically I used NCS last week for my citizenship application. I had everything organised neatly in two A4 snap wallets - the completed AN form in one, and all of the other required stuff (PR document, Life in the UK certificate, English test certificate etc) in the other. All of the documents were in their own plastic wallets too to keep them separate. The NCS adviser told me it was the most organised application she had ever seen and that a lot of people just turn up literally with a huge bundle of paperwork :lol:

nestmc
Newly Registered

Post by nestmc » Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:55 am

Thanks a lot for your answers, I will be applying in the next few days and will keep you posted!

rjpantherwalks
Newly Registered

Post by rjpantherwalks » Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:11 pm

ohara wrote:The application for a document certifying permanent residence for EEA nationals takes 6-8 weeks in most cases, not 5 months.

Regardless you can request your documents back after 10 working days from when the Home Office receiving the application. There is an online form to do this here: https://www.gov.uk/visa-documents-returned

If it is urgent you can write this in the comments box, I asked for my passport back urgently and it arrived in 1st class post in 4 working days.

EEA citizens do not need to enrol biometric information as we have (or should have) biometric passports. I am aware there a still are few non-biometric EEA passports around as they were not mandatory before 28th August 2006 and some countries were still issuing 10 year non-biometric passports right up until that day. I still have one :wink:

As for organising documents, I sent everything in a padded A4 envelope. I used the EEA PR form and only had to print about 25 pages of it (you don't need to send parts not relevant to your application). Stapled these all together. I sent 5 years worth of council tax bills, stapled together. Five P60's (NOT stapled together, but neat). Five years worth of June/July bank statements, stapled together. Then a couple of extra single pages such as letter from my employer etc, just loose at the back.

I assume the HO casework team who deal with this are pretty organised and will figure it out, and won't be pissed off unless you send it in a huge mess. Ironically I used NCS last week for my citizenship application. I had everything organised neatly in two A4 snap wallets - the completed AN form in one, and all of the other required stuff (PR document, Life in the UK certificate, English test certificate etc) in the other. All of the documents were in their own plastic wallets too to keep them separate. The NCS adviser told me it was the most organised application she had ever seen and that a lot of people just turn up literally with a huge bundle of paperwork :lol:

How many wage slips or bank statements did you submit for your PR application? Did you submit all because right now I am organizing my husband's documents and am thinking since he worked with too many employers in the past 8 years his files/documents are too much if I will include all the wage slips / bank statements throughout the years I would be mailing them a box instead of an envelope.

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by ohara » Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:13 am

I sent 5 years of P60's, for 2009-2014, but in the end it didn't matter as my PR was correctly backdated to 2012 (I started working full time in 2007).

rjpantherwalks
Newly Registered

Post by rjpantherwalks » Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:34 pm

ohara wrote:I sent 5 years of P60's, for 2009-2014, but in the end it didn't matter as my PR was correctly backdated to 2012 (I started working full time in 2007).
what about the wage slips, did you send all of it? Like for example my husband from 2008 - 2016?

because right now he's got a lot of documents already and it's not even complete yet, it's because of the wage slips there's too many of them.... I have been trying to look for an envelope everywhere but even the biggest envelope will not suffice to put all his documents ... am actually thinking that we might need to send it in a box.