ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 General visa renewal + Salary

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

timetraveller
Newly Registered

Tier 2 General visa renewal + Salary

Post by timetraveller » Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:44 pm

Dear Colleagues,

I have obtained my Tier 2 Visa on November 2013 under SOC code 2139. At that time, my salary was slightly higher than the miminum required which was around £20,000.

The visa is due for renewal on November 2016, and HR told me that they have confirmed with UK Visas and Immigrations that as long as I am doing the same job, under the same SOC, then my renewal application will go ahead without any problems.

However, I am slightly worried about the salary bit. According to the SOC codes document found on https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... l_2015.pdf the Salary rates for my category are:
New entrant: £ 20, 8 00 * / Experienced: £ 2 9,9 00

My questions are:
1- Do I have earn 29,900 or More to get my Tier 2 visa renewed ?
2- Would the visa be approved as long as I am earning between the 20,800 - 29,900 range?
3- Did my HR person miss something here ?

Best Regards,

I hop

timetraveller
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 2 General visa renewal + Salary

Post by timetraveller » Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:43 am

Greetings folks,

Is there anyone who can help clarify my queries please?

Thanks,

nisarmalik

Post by nisarmalik » Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:52 pm

Yes u should have experienced salary 29900

timetraveller
Newly Registered

Post by timetraveller » Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:57 pm

nisarmalik wrote:Yes u should have experienced salary 29900
Hello nisarmalik,

Thanks for your response.
Would you please post the reference document where it explains this in details? I am receiving conflicting information but cant find anything online.

Thanks

nisarmalik

Post by nisarmalik » Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:11 pm

The pay thresholds for experienced workers are set at the 25th percentile for full-time employees in each occupation, using the Annual Survey of Hours and Earnings (ASHE). These pay thresholds apply to all other Tier 2 applicants, including those who were previously classed as new entrants when they apply to extend their total stay in Tier 2 and/or as a work permit holder beyond 3 years and 1 month (the maximum grant for initial Tier 2 applications). The experienced worker pay thresholds also apply to work permit holders who are applying to switch into Tier 2 or to settle in the UK.