ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tourist Visa for Sister in Law.

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

MichaelTN
United Kingdom

Tourist Visa for Sister in Law.

Post by MichaelTN » Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:43 am

Hello, first time discussing and organising a Visa, so would like some insight - have read a fair bit from the UK Visa website and these forums.

I am wondering what is exactly required for my Sister in Law to visit the UK on a Tourist Visa, for around 10 days, this will help with visiting family and also help with her studies, she studies Architecture at a University in Baku, Azerbaijan. She is 20 years of age, final year of university and will be able to get permission from her institute to visit, has worked before, only a summer job.

Her relation to me is through my fathers marriage to her mother around 6 months ago.

My parents would be able to provide accommodation, I'm also currently studying in University.

I have two questions;

1 - Will someone be able to sponsor her even if their name isn't tied to the accommodation she would be staying at?
2 - Is it possible for there to be a sponsor helping with funding for the 10 days, along with her sustaining herself with her own funding, almost as if there's two types of funding available.

Sorry if I'm missing any information out, if you'd like to know anything else please don't hesitate to ask, I'll be checking often to reply and update as required.

MichaelTN
United Kingdom

Re: Tourist Visa for Sister in Law.

Post by MichaelTN » Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:49 pm

Does anybody have any insight to this? thanks.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:42 pm

MichaelTN wrote:Does anybody have any insight to this? thanks.
I think the reason that no one has answered is because you can find them yourself with a simple search of the site.

Might come across as a bit harsh be we do this for love, not to be search monkeys!
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

MichaelTN
United Kingdom

Post by MichaelTN » Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:35 pm

I have had a look, probably not searching hard enough, sorry, will attempt another look, thanks Wanderer :)

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:42 pm

I think the lady may be more like your step-sister than sister-in-law.

Anyway the main thing to focus on is reasons why the visitor will return home at end of visit.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

MichaelTN
United Kingdom

Post by MichaelTN » Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:54 pm

Thanks Noajthan,

I've been told that even if we're able to sponsor to her, she would still need a sufficient amount of funds in her own bank? I'm sure the sponsor from England is there to supply all the funds required for the trip.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:31 pm

She needs to prove with evidence what her ties and personal and financial circumstances (family there, job, property, savings) etc.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

MichaelTN
United Kingdom

Post by MichaelTN » Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:54 pm

Been told to post here again, even though I thought my question being asked was slightly different as a lot has now happened.

Pasting below what I originally had in my locked topic.

Hello,

I have spent the past few days reading here and Googling my question, yet am unable to find any conclusive answer.

Can I sponsor someone for a general visitor visa, for around one to two weeks in the UK if they will be staying at a hotel in the area? I am just worried that sponsoring someone who will not be living with me is not

The specific scenario is;

I'd like to sponsor someone who is a family member to visit other family members here in the UK, along with general sight-seeing activities to do with her study, Architecture. They would prefer to stay at a hotel, they would be able to provide the booking confirmation e-mail.

They have University in their current country so they'd be able to show documents showing they are due to return on a certain date, dates they are going and proof they are on their final year of university, something I'm sure is proof that they will return to their original country as it is their final year.

They also have held a Schengen Visa, travelling to Spain and back and travelling to Czech Republic and back, so maybe this can show they've stuck to the agreement and always returned to their original country.

Sorry if this sounds all mumbled up, I can explain further or answer any questions that would help me get a definitive answer before making the application/sponsorship documents.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:08 am

In what way will you be sponsoring them? It looks like they may do fine on their own resources.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

MichaelTN
United Kingdom

Post by MichaelTN » Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:45 pm

Financially sponsoring them, so paying for their travel, food/drinks, sight-seeing costs etc.

Basically paying for everything whilst they are here in England for about a week, so they don't have to support themselves with their bank balance.

I just want to know if I can provide evidence of my income to pay for their one week stay here in the UK, along with a booking confirmation from a hotel they will be staying at.

MichaelTN
United Kingdom

Post by MichaelTN » Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:00 pm

Nobody know about this?

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:12 pm

MichaelTN wrote:Nobody know about this?
People in western Europe are probably washing their car or possibly in church.

You're overthinking this. Sponsors aren't the be all and end all of this type of application.

If relatives have funds to go on a European tour they have funds for UK.
HO is more interested they can prove they will go home.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

MichaelTN
United Kingdom

Post by MichaelTN » Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:34 pm

Okay thanks a lot :) it's hard not to overthink this! it feels like there's lots of information to remember :|

Thanks again, will just supply evidence of strong home ties :)

losa43
Newly Registered

Post by losa43 » Fri Oct 07, 2016 12:45 pm

Hi MichealTN, how did you get on with your application, i am also currently trying to obtain a visa for a friend whom i will sponsor. any help/advice would be appreciated.