ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Absence Letter - Does this need to be Latest ?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

back2uk2

ILR Absence Letter - Does this need to be Latest ?

Post by back2uk2 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:05 pm

Hello,

For ILR application, UKBA asks for letter(s) from employer(s) detailing reasons for work-related absences including periods of paid annual leave from the UK.

Is this letter need to be latest i.e. the date of letter needs to be within one month of applying for the ILR?

I was with an employer from 2012-2013 December and my ILR is due this Decemeber. Does this mean I have to ask for the letter from the employer in this November and not before that?

Thanks.

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Re: ILR Absence Letter - Does this need to be Latest ?

Post by mulderpf » Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:53 pm

There is no requirement on the age of the letter, as long as it covers all of your employment. It might even be easier getting it while your employer still has records.
Do not send me PM's with specific questions - post question in the open forum so others can also benefit from the answers.

sharmao
United Kingdom

Re: ILR Absence Letter - Does this need to be Latest ?

Post by sharmao » Mon Mar 14, 2016 3:31 pm

back2uk2 wrote:Hello,

For ILR application, UKBA asks for letter(s) from employer(s) detailing reasons for work-related absences including periods of paid annual leave from the UK.

Is this letter need to be latest i.e. the date of letter needs to be within one month of applying for the ILR?

I was with an employer from 2012-2013 December and my ILR is due this Decemeber. Does this mean I have to ask for the letter from the employer in this November and not before that?

Thanks.
No issues in terms of this. I submitted 2 letters from my past employers last week and they were dated November 2014 and October 2015(my last month of employment with these employers) and had no issues getting ILR approved.