ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

VERY VERY URGENT HELP PLEASE...RUNNING OUT OF TIME

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

zaheeruk

VERY VERY URGENT HELP PLEASE...RUNNING OUT OF TIME

Post by zaheeruk » Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:14 pm

I'm applying for my dependents FLR-M visa this month(their current visa expires in april). I changed jobs in February. Basically I worked in a permanent job till 12th Feb 2016 and became a contractor on 15th Feb 2016. The previous salary threshold was way above required and I have the payslips and employer letter and the P45. Will that suffice to show financial requirement as it shows my employment finished on 12th Feb. I have a letter from current employer who has given a contract and accountant confirming that I get the particular day rate and that I'm current 100% shareholder. Will this be a problem for the visa. What should I show as current salary

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: VERY VERY URGENT HELP PLEASE...RUNNING OUT OF TIME

Post by Wanderer » Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:27 pm

Think you'll have to wait 12 months, contract length means nothing for contractors, you can be canned before you even start, no notice. No work, no pay, contracting is a tough business...

You'd have been wiser to wait until you'd got the visas before switching to contracting.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/immigr ... l#p1320774
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

zaheeruk

Post by zaheeruk » Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:43 pm

hi

Are you sure because I have a letter from the company that the contract is on going and accountant confirming how much I can get. Moroever I have P60s from previous years employment. My previous salary was around 64 k. This cannot be a reason for me to wait 12 months.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:50 pm

zaheeruk wrote:hi

Are you sure because I have a letter from the company that the contract is on going and accountant confirming how much I can get. Moroever I have P60s from previous years employment. My previous salary was around 64 k. This cannot be a reason for me to wait 12 months.
An accountant can't guarantee future earnings from contracted employment.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:54 pm

zaheeruk wrote:hi

If you are contracting to need to be aware of your obligations and how things work. Firstly your contract is only as long as your notice period, and not even that if the client says there is no work, maybe because their project is canned or some such, you could be out on day one. Contracting isn't being perm with more money, there is a lot of risk, it's B2B, not employment.

So from the UKVI's perspective you don't have six months payslips from a current ongoing employer, nor will you have until your contracting company has returned it's CT600 and paid it's CT. With for a new company is intact 9 months after your Ltd's year end.

zaheeruk

Post by zaheeruk » Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:56 pm

Any other option guys. I cant send my family for 12 moths to India. There were some extreme circumstances that I had to change jobs

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 3:05 pm

FLR(FP) if you can't meet the financial requirements.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Mon Mar 14, 2016 3:06 pm

zaheeruk wrote:Any other option guys. I cant send my family for 12 moths to India. There were some extreme circumstances that I had to change jobs
I'm not sure - is FLR(FP) an option? Others will chip in, but it's a 10 year route.....

zaheeruk

Post by zaheeruk » Mon Mar 14, 2016 3:19 pm

How about if I get a british passport. My application for naturalisation was approved and my ceremony is on 13th april. I can move it forward

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Mar 14, 2016 3:23 pm

You'll still be required to meet the financial conditions for dependent's FLR(M) whether you're a BC or not.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

zaheeruk

Post by zaheeruk » Mon Mar 14, 2016 3:25 pm

Ok. I will see what happens when I apply. I have no other choice unless someone else can help.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Mar 14, 2016 3:28 pm

I suggest you apply by post, not in person. If the FLR(M) application is refused you may be lucky and they could decide to grant FLR(FP)....but it's a long route to permanent settlement.
(Casa, not CR001)

zaheeruk

Post by zaheeruk » Mon Mar 14, 2016 3:40 pm

I'm not worried about permanent settlement. I just got a letter from my current contracting employer with the following words

I can confirm that xxxx has been employed through Outsource from 15th February 2016 working for our client- DHL on an on-going basis. His contract details are as follows

Client: xxx
Rate of pay: xxx GBP per day

I can confirm that his employment is on an on-going basis and will be required in future

Will this help

Moderator Edit: Name and Client removed for personal security.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Mar 14, 2016 3:46 pm

Wanderer is better placed to advise on this.
(Casa, not CR001)

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:20 pm

zaheeruk wrote:I'm not worried about permanent settlement. I just got a letter from my current contracting employer with the following words

I can confirm that xxxx has been employed through Outsource from 15th February 2016 working for our client- DHL on an on-going basis. His contract details are as follows

Client: xxx
Rate of pay: xxx GBP per day

I can confirm that his employment is on an on-going basis and will be required in future

Will this help

Moderator Edit: Name and Client removed for personal security.
No.

Read up on Mutably of Obligation, You are employed by your limited or umbrella, not by the end client. If your limited/brolly is new, which it seems to be, it will have no funds to pay you if the contract is pulled, which under MoO it could be. So it's not secure income for UKVI purposes.

I've been contracting for nearly 30 years, I know the score, it's not employment, it's not secure. Don't think employer, think client.

zaheeruk

Post by zaheeruk » Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:04 pm

One last question

Is FLR-FP an option. Not too worried about permanent residency as of now. I have already booked a premium appointment and paid the fee. What should I do. Cancel and rebook as FLR fp or is it possible to convert on existing paid. the fee is the same

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:17 pm

An FLR(FP) application won't be decided at a PEC appointment. The Case Workers don't have the level of seniority to decide any case which isn't 100% straightforward.

"When you can't use the service
someone whose case is complex because of personal circumstances
and
You also can’t use the premium or super premium service if you’re applying for discretionary leave to remain"
(Casa, not CR001)

zaheeruk

Post by zaheeruk » Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:30 am

Hi

Are you sure about not being able to book a premium for flr-fp. I was able to select the category under the online booking.
I'm going to meet a solicitor tomorrow and see what can be done. I have already booked the FLr m so i might have to cancel that and rebook as flr fp or see if they can convert the appointment to flr fp as the fee si the same

zaheeruk

Post by zaheeruk » Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:35 pm

One last question guys

will there be any issues in applying FLR FP. Mine is a straightforward application. No past cobwebs for myself and family.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:21 pm

zaheeruk wrote:One last question guys

will there be any issues in applying FLR FP. Mine is a straightforward application. No past cobwebs for myself and family.
If you are unable to meet the Immigration Rules for FLR(M) an application for FLR(FP) under 'exceptional circumstances won't be considered as 'straightforward'. These applications generally take considerable time to decide.
(Casa, not CR001)