ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Absence Letter - all leaves or only absences from UK?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

back2uk2

ILR Absence Letter - all leaves or only absences from UK?

Post by back2uk2 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:34 pm

Hello,

I need some advise on what types of leaves to be mentioned on the absence letter (actually this is what my previous HR company is also needing clarification on).

Should the previous employer only need to mention those leaves where I travelled outside UK or they have to mention every leave that I took during my employment with them?

All my leaves (outside UK and within UK) were paid leaves.

Thanks.

sharmao
United Kingdom

Re: ILR Absence Letter - all leaves or only absences from UK

Post by sharmao » Mon Mar 14, 2016 3:26 pm

i got 2 letters from my two previous employers and I had them mention all the leave taken irrespective of the fact whether i was in the country or abroad. I had no issues with the letter getting ILR approved last week.

In all honesty i don't think it will make a difference plus I am not sure how easy it will be for the employer to explicity confirm whether you travelled outside UK or not when you were on paid annual leave.

back2uk2

Re: ILR Absence Letter - all leaves or only absences from UK

Post by back2uk2 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 3:36 pm

sharmao wrote:
In all honesty i don't think it will make a difference plus I am not sure how easy it will be for the employer to explicity confirm whether you travelled outside UK or not when you were on paid annual leave.
Thanks Sharmao, what you said is true. The HR seems ready to mention all my leaves but don't want to confirm whether I travelled outside. I believe I have to mention such leaves in a separate covering letter.