ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Eligibility (Tier 2 General) & Documents Required

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

anub2016
Mood:
United Kingdom

ILR Eligibility (Tier 2 General) & Documents Required

Post by anub2016 » Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:31 pm

I had applied for a 5 Years Tier 2 General visa and was granted the visa valid from '8 March 2016' to '27 Feb 2021' which is 8 days less than the full five year duration.

I entered UK on '12 March 2016'.

Please advise if I will be eligible for ILR and if yes, what date can I apply on?

Also, what are the documents I need to collate?
I have read that one needs to get a letter from the employer if he/she goes out of the UK on Annual Leave (as I will be travelling to India once an year using my Annual Leaves).
Is there any particular template/format for that letter?

What are the other conditions I need to be careful about to become eligible for ILR?

Please advise.

Rambo_ILR
India

Re: ILR Eligibility (Tier 2 General) & Documents Required

Post by Rambo_ILR » Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:42 pm

anub2016 wrote:I had applied for a 5 Years Tier 2 General visa and was granted the visa valid from '8 March 2016' to '27 Feb 2021' which is 8 days less than the full five year duration.

I entered UK on '12 March 2016'.

Please advise if I will be eligible for ILR and if yes, what date can I apply on?

Also, what are the documents I need to collate?
I have read that one needs to get a letter from the employer if he/she goes out of the UK on Annual Leave (as I will be travelling to India once an year using my Annual Leaves).
Is there any particular template/format for that letter?

What are the other conditions I need to be careful about to become eligible for ILR?

Please advise.
I think you should relax a bit, you need to wait a long 5 years for your ILR and keep an eye on what the government rules apply at that time. No one can suggest anything what would be the case in five years time now.

One thing I can suggest is yes, if you are going away from UK keep record of those both business and holiday trips.

anub2016
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by anub2016 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:53 am

Thank You for your response.

I understand that the rules keep changing But just for the peace of mind, can someone please clarify based on the current rules, if I am eligible for ILR without extension with this shortfall of 8 days in the full 5 year period, and if yes, what date can I apply on?

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:04 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

bgamba
Newly Registered
Zimbabwe

Post by bgamba » Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:02 pm

Its too early...even if someone says yes it doesnt help you because things might change. Eveyrtime documents requirements changes so by the time you are going to apply maybe things would have changed