ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HO raid and interview letter

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Nav80
United Kingdom

HO raid and interview letter

Post by Nav80 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:13 pm

Hi everyone,

its urgent if someone can help pls.. my friend got entrepreneurs for last two and a half year and he is running business but last week ukba officers turn at his address along with search n arrest warrant. However he wasn't at home and they left a note and after two days he recorded a letter via post to come for an interview and mentioning of curtailment of visa n etc unless he proved his investments n business models.

I'm wondering if anyone faced similar situation or have an idea what exactly are they looking for as his visa is nearly expiring and he will show eveidence on his extension anyway.

Regards

noajthan

Re: HO raid and interview letter

Post by noajthan » Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:22 pm

Nav80 wrote:Hi everyone,

its urgent if someone can help pls.. my friend got entrepreneurs for last two and a half year and he is running business but last week ukba officers turn at his address along with search n arrest warrant. However he wasn't at home and they left a note and after two days he recorded a letter via post to come for an interview and mentioning of curtailment of visa n etc unless he proved his investments n business models.

I'm wondering if anyone faced similar situation or have an idea what exactly are they looking for as his visa is nearly expiring and he will show eveidence on his extension anyway.

Regards
If from UKBA its fake - there is no 'UKBA'.

If from HO - could be routine/random check.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

moongesture
Member of Standing

Post by moongesture » Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:30 pm

This seems quite an exception as curtailment of visa will not be done without any solid reason.

There are circumstances explained in law through which a visa curtailment can be done but usually after strict scrutiny. is he under 50k route? what business activity he is involve in?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:32 pm

Regards
It is difficult to think that immigration officers show up any anyone's address with a search and arrest warrant for no reason. This friend of yours might be up to something :?
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

moongesture
Member of Standing

Post by moongesture » Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:51 pm

please read this thread as this is something which might clarify why they had a visit to your friends premises
http://www.immigrationboards.com/uk-tie ... 68447.html :roll:

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:16 pm

noajthan wrote:

Regards
If from UKBA its bad quality - there is no 'UKBA'.

If from HO - could be routine/random check.
Just to clarify, the forum auto changes f a k e to 'bad quality'. You need to confirm whether the letter was from the UKBA or the UKVI?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Nav80
United Kingdom

Post by Nav80 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:13 pm

abdhriz wrote:This seems quite an exception as curtailment of visa will not be done without any solid reason.

There are circumstances explained in law through which a visa curtailment can be done but usually after strict scrutiny. is he under 50k route? what business activity he is involve in?
Yes he is under 50k route

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:17 pm

So you've chosen not to reply as to whether the letter was from UKBA which is no longer exists? :|
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Nav80
United Kingdom

Post by Nav80 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:36 pm

Casa wrote:So you've chosen not to reply as to whether the letter was from UKBA which is no longer exists? :|
It's from home office

When they turned up at addres it was warrant issued by magistrate on immigration officer request so must home office enforcement officer. He is I his third year of visa and his visa will be expiring in few months.

moongesture
Member of Standing

Post by moongesture » Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:44 pm

Kindly do read the thread pasted above, do you think it has something to do with
1) Working for another business / employment
2) Established a business below required NQF level
3) Recent or Previous Immigration issue

Nav80
United Kingdom

Post by Nav80 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:54 pm

abdhriz wrote:Kindly do read the thread pasted above, do you think it has something to do with
I read that thread but he doesn't fall in that category. He has filed his account in hmrc for his consultancy business and he is the director of his company. He does share a office but it's a surprise even for lawyer n HO gave asked him to bring all documents along with investment.

moongesture
Member of Standing

Post by moongesture » Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:02 pm

Nav80 wrote:
abdhriz wrote:Kindly do read the thread pasted above, do you think it has something to do with
I read that thread but he doesn't fall in that category. He has filed his account in hmrc for his consultancy business and he is the director of his company. He does share a office but it's a surprise even for lawyer n HO gave asked him to bring all documents along with investment.
Its surprising and odd to have these kind of visits without any good reason

Nav80
United Kingdom

Post by Nav80 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:14 pm

abdhriz wrote:
Nav80 wrote:
Its surprising and odd to have these kind of visits without any good reason

This is what everyone is saying but may i ask you one thing should he attend interview or write to them as his extension is due in couple of month so he will have submit evidence for his extension anyways.
What will be the best thing to do. The reason will also b known on his visit to HO.

moongesture
Member of Standing

Post by moongesture » Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:21 pm

Any deadline given to him?

Nav80
United Kingdom

Post by Nav80 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:24 pm

abdhriz wrote:Any deadline given to him?
Need to attend interview on 20 April along with documents n if further evidence required it should b submitted within 28 days

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:39 pm

He should attend the interview. It would be very silly of him to ignore HO in this instance.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:52 pm

Nav80 wrote:This is what everyone is saying but may i ask you one thing should he attend interview or write to them as his extension is due in couple of month so he will have submit evidence for his extension anyways.
What will be the best thing to do. The reason will also b known on his visit to HO.
If it was just a question of what's more convenient HO would probably wait for the extension too.

But if not available for interview now its not clear s/he will make it for the extension.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Momi
United Kingdom

Post by Momi » Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:24 pm

You friend is definitely doing something wrong. May be he is working on national insurance or doing taxi. There are very good chances that some of his well wisher has complaint to home office that he is breaching the visa conditions.
Do you aware of any breach of visa?

moongesture
Member of Standing

Post by moongesture » Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:57 pm

Nav80 wrote:
abdhriz wrote:Any deadline given to him?
Need to attend interview on 20 April along with documents n if further evidence required it should b submitted within 28 days
My suggestion is he should go for interview with all available documents. If there is no obvious reason then nothing to worry about. The deadline should have some impact on future application if ignored.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:58 am

Nav80 wrote:I read that thread but he doesn't fall in that category. He has filed his account in hmrc for his consultancy business and he is the director of his company. He does share a office but it's a surprise even for lawyer n HO gave asked him to bring all documents along with investment.
What is his consultancy business ?? Is he running a personal service company (doing contracting) ??
I have seen people in this forum working under Tier 1E for businesses through agencies as contractors (which in most cases is not allowed under immigration rules)
These agencies or their clients are now legally obliged to check someone's right to work with the Home Office. If someone's name with Tier 1E visa pops up on that service, HO realises that such individual is seeking employment with an employer which is illegal under Tier 1E rules.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Momi
United Kingdom

Post by Momi » Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:19 am

But zimba they don't raid for only that reason. There were couple of cases where they have sent letter to those individuals who are working for someone but raiding someone premises who has valid visa is new. His friend is definitely doing some dodgy which he is not aware of. There is good chances that it's a toeic issue or he is in the breach of visa conditions.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Fri Mar 18, 2016 2:57 pm

Momi wrote:But zimba they don't raid for only that reason. There were couple of cases where they have sent letter to those individuals who are working for someone but raiding someone premises who has valid visa is new. His friend is definitely doing some dodgy which he is not aware of. There is good chances that it's a toeic issue or he is in the breach of visa conditions.
I am sure the individual knows exactly what he had done wrong. A search and arrest warrant is only issued if HO forces can demonstrate the evidence of some serious misconduct to magistrates.

moongesture
Member of Standing

Post by moongesture » Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:28 pm

You Both are right, There must be serious breach or a suspicious activity which has been recorded and action was taken.

Remember people who had provided incorrect & false documents during any previous application was also subjected for these kind of enforcement visits. As there is no chance to launch an appeal home office decision is more or less final verdict so they don't waste their resources until a serious issue arise.

mohammed1980

Post by mohammed1980 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:17 pm

Regards
HO officers do not randomly look for those committing immigration crimes. It is only when somebody reports a crime, they investigate and if they find evidence they come with warrant and police.

They came in my neighbourhood last year with warrant and police, but later we came to know somebody had reported that immigrant.

Nav80
United Kingdom

Post by Nav80 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:13 pm

mohammed1980 wrote:

Regards
HO officers do not randomly look for those committing immigration crimes. It is only when somebody reports a crime, they investigate and if they find evidence they come with warrant and police.

They came in my neighbourhood last year with warrant and police, but later we came to know somebody had reported that immigrant.
Thanks for all feedback. As far as I know nothing is coming into head and even everyone is surprised but he will attend the interview and will come to know the outcomes n if someone reported or else. But it is clear from the forum they don't raid randomly or without prior intelligence so we will find out. Please pray for him
Thanks for all feedback