ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

valid Work Permit, unutilized, but not reported to UK Office

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hello1
Newly Registered

valid Work Permit, unutilized, but not reported to UK Office

Post by hello1 » Sun Nov 11, 2007 4:17 pm

hi,
I was given a intra company WP from my Indian Employer. However I did not happen to travel on that WP. Instead I was send to Germany on business Visa.

Now I have secured a job in UK with UK EMployer and they have sponsered my WP for 5 years.

I wanted to know that will my valid WP for UK from my Indian Employer be of any issue when i apply for EC based on the UK Employer WP.

On work permit letter its written that in case the job is not taken, UK Home office be informed.But I had not informed.

Please help

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Sun Nov 11, 2007 8:24 pm

Hi hello1
hello1 wrote:On work permit letter its written that in case the job is not taken, UK Home office be informed.But I had not informed.
It is the employer's responsibility to inform the Home Office, not yours. The letter is not addressed to you!

I don't think you should worry. If asked you could just say that your employer's plans changed, or whatever the reason is that you did not use the work permit. They may have informed the Home Office anyway.

hello1
Newly Registered

Post by hello1 » Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:26 am

Thanks a lot.