ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

registration certificate mandatory for extended family ?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Sakura.m
Newly Registered

registration certificate mandatory for extended family ?

Post by Sakura.m » Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:36 pm

I do apologize in advance if this topic is already been posted and because I am asking a lot of questions.

My question is about registration certificate (for EEA nationals). Now I am married (we are both EEA nationals) but I want to know if I needed the registration certificate for the time we were living here together as unmarried couple. In other words I am asking if it was mandatory when I was an exended family member (both EEA nationals) of a qualified person.

As I read on the gov.uk website:
"You need a registration certificate if you’re an extended family member of an EEA national."

Reading this : https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _clean.pdf

"It is not compulsory to complete an application form but extended family members can apply for a document using the following forms:
EEA(EFM) – application for a registration certificate
(EEA national) or residence card (non-EEA national)"

So I think it is not mandatory, but then it continues:
"The right of residence for an extended family member of an EEA national is dependent upon them holding a document issued by the Home Office under the regulations. These documents only confirm a right of residence as a qualified person or as a family member at the time the document is issued".

I don't know what to think. On the internet there are very few information.
Thank you all for your answers.

noajthan

Re: registration certificate mandatory for extended family ?

Post by noajthan » Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:39 pm

Sakura.m wrote:I do apologize in advance if this topic is already been posted and because I am asking a lot of questions.

My question is about registration certificate (for EEA nationals). Now I am married (we are both EEA nationals) but I want to know if I needed the registration certificate for the time we were living here together as unmarried couple. In other words I am asking if it was mandatory when I was an exended family member (both EEA nationals) of a qualified person.

As I read on the gov.uk website:
"You need a registration certificate if you’re an extended family member of an EEA national."

Reading this : https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _clean.pdf

"It is not compulsory to complete an application form but extended family members can apply for a document using the following forms:
EEA(EFM) – application for a registration certificate
(EEA national) or residence card (non-EEA national)"

So I think it is not mandatory, but then it continues:
"The right of residence for an extended family member of an EEA national is dependent upon them holding a document issued by the Home Office under the regulations. These documents only confirm a right of residence as a qualified person or as a family member at the time the document is issued".

I don't know what to think. On the internet there are very few information.
Thank you all for your answers.
As per UK, RC is mandatory for extended family members.

Use of the official form to apply for one was not mandatory - any form or a letter of application would have done.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Sakura.m
Newly Registered

Post by Sakura.m » Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:44 pm

Thank you for your reply.
So I needed one to stay in UK as an extended family member ?
I had the right to stay as EEA but not if I wanted to be considered an extended family memeber I needed a registration certificate ?

Sakura.m
Newly Registered

Post by Sakura.m » Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:10 pm

Sorry I was editing the message.
I am so embarassed I didn't know all of this.
We are both EEA nationals and we entered UK together.
At the time we were living together as unmarried couple my partner was working, I was not and I didn't have CSI (other thing I discovered recently). Do I need to be worried about all this ? I am worried about prison or deportation for my past behavior.