ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Got EC ... within 24 hours

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

1400 Years

Got EC ... within 24 hours

Post by 1400 Years » Mon Nov 12, 2007 4:07 am

Got entry clearance. Thank you everyone.

Now fingers crossed about the tilt of the new tier system. Like everyone else, I hope monies and hopes aren't going to be dashed.

ash123

Post by ash123 » Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:37 am

What all did you send to get the EC? Also where can I get info on the tiers?

1400 Years

Post by 1400 Years » Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:45 am

"Constant" has written:

I have learnt something through this whole process. Every country has its own EC policy. For those applying from other countries its best to contact the local British High Commission.

I went with a long list of documents (since thats what most do here) and the visa officer looked at me with a certain amount of surprise. In the end, the visa was granted only 2 hours after submitting the application form in person with only one interview question "What are you going to do in the UK?"

So for those who are applying from other countries, use this board and its members to understand the law and process but contact the local British High Commisssion as well because they might not even need a long list of documents or the integra process or an interview.
so my answer is the same. they seem to have a different policy/requirements for different countries. i applied from the middle east.