ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New Fee from 18th March and Bookings Made Before That

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Ilr_in_2016

New Fee from 18th March and Bookings Made Before That

Post by Ilr_in_2016 » Sat Mar 19, 2016 12:25 pm

Dear Experts

on February 25th of 2016, I made a premium appointment booking for ILR settlement application interview for March 30th and have paid £5700 for 1 main and 2 dependants. Now that the new visa fees in place from yesterday the 18th of March, Would I need to pay the new fee of £7125 when I go for the premium interview on 30th March ? Also the application form has now changed from yesterday to reflect just the changed date and the money :-). My question is Would I be asked to pay the difference of £1425 on the day and use the new form (released 18th March) for my application ?

Thanks for your kind help.

MaiSaran

Obie
Ireland

Re: New Fee from 18th March and Bookings Made Before That

Post by Obie » Sat Mar 19, 2016 12:48 pm

You may escape the premium fee but you will have to pay the new application fee as the date of the application is not when you booked the premium service , but when you actually went to the PEO in person..
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Ilr_in_2016

Post by Ilr_in_2016 » Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:08 pm

Hi Obie,

Thanks for the response. That makes sense. Sadly... this 25% increase is overloading :-(

I have filled out on the 11/2015 Appln form and ready but with this change, I assume I should use the 03/2016 one .. right ???

Thanks MaiSaran

O_Relly

Post by O_Relly » Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:38 pm

Obie wrote:You may escape the premium fee but you will have to pay the new application fee as the date of the application is not when you booked the premium service , but when you actually went to the PEO in person..
Is this absolutely the case Obie? I was of the impression that you have already paid the old fee at the time of booking the appointment regardless of the date of app be it prior or post 18th March.

Its going to surprise a lot of people if they were demanded the fee difference on the day of appointment.

Is there a reference to this rule somewhere ?
Cheers,
OR

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:50 pm

The fee is applicable on the day of online booking when the payment is made. No additional fee is collected at the PSC on the day of the appointment.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sat Mar 19, 2016 2:32 pm

The way I understand the law is this. There are 2 types of services, those applying for premium services as part of their online application process, and those applying for Premium services to submit their application in person.

The later category will need to meet the fee requirement as part of their application on they day they apply in person.

So on the day they have to comply with 34G (ii).

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:22 pm

Having read 34G(ii) I believe you're correct Obie, but there'll be a lot of disappointed applicants who believe the online payment would avoid the March 18th increase. :|
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

O_Relly

Post by O_Relly » Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:55 pm

Hi Obie, Casa,

Could either of you please post a link to 34G(ii). I did a search and am unable to find this in gov.uk.

This seems to be totally ridiculous if this was the case. Why couldnt they do a simple online check for if date >= 18 March, then apply new fee!
Cheers,
OR

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:10 pm

If the an online application under the point based system for further leave or ILR , and paid the application fee online, and only going to premium service to submit documents and decision . Then yes the 18-03 changes will not affect application and the person will be fine .

If however it is for a service which is not provided online, and the person therefore books a premium service to submit application and get a decision, then the new fee will be applicable .

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:17 pm

I've been searching for the link...and it's well buried, although Obie probably knows where to find it. :|
In which case Obie, you're now agreeing that all standard visa applications (not just point based), spouse ILR, FLR etc etc will only pay the fee as it was at the time of the online application, even if submitting this through the PSC? As I previously advised?
As a matter of interest? What categories aren't available online but can be submitted at a PSC?
(Casa, not CR001)

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:31 pm

Here is how premium services can be booked for different categories of applicants.
[b]34G Determination of the date of an application or claim (or variation of an application or claim) for leave to remain of the Immigration Rules provide[/b] wrote:
34G.For the purposes of these rules, the date on which an application or claim (or a variation in accordance with paragraph 34E) is made is as follows:
(i) where the application form is sent by post by Royal Mail, the date of posting,
(ii) where the application form is submitted in person, the date on which it is accepted by a Home Office premium service centre,
(iii) where the application form is sent by courier, or other postal services provider, the date on which it is delivered to the Home Office, or
(iv) where the application is made via the online application process, on the date on which the online application is submitted.
My point was simply confined to the fact that those who did not make an online application, and are required to submit their application in person will have to pay the full fee at their appointment.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:35 pm

Sorry Obie. I'm not being difficult...but I thought all PSC appointments had to be booked online now? :?
(Casa, not CR001)

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:43 pm

I don't dispute that.

All Premium service has to be booked on line, but there are no provision for all immigration applications to be made online.

Only those application for which provisions are in place for online application, and who subsequently booked to have their substantive application consideration to be done on a premium basis will be exempted from the new fee requirement.

These changes are so pedantic, and i am still working on penetrating them.

O_Relly

Post by O_Relly » Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:34 pm

Obie wrote:
All Premium service has to be booked on line, but there are no provision for all immigration applications to be made online.

Only those application for which provisions are in place for online application, and who subsequently booked to have their substantive application consideration to be done on a premium basis will be exempted from the new fee requirement.
Ok, so if OP was on a PBS route from Tier 1 to ILR he would still be submitting his application in person.

Will this application be treated as an online application and hence considered under the old fee ?
Cheers,
OR

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:53 pm

Yes O_Relly, I believe that Obie has agreed with us that they would.
(Casa, not CR001)

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:28 pm

For SET O application, there are no online application in place, the person will be submitting his or her application in person and having his application considered at the Same time.

He or she may be expected to have paid the correct fee for the application as at the day of submission.

vivekr11
Newly Registered

Post by vivekr11 » Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:14 pm

Can any one confirm the fees amount please..?
Don't we have any one who has referred this group to get an ILR on 18thMAR16 who has made an online ( who has paid 1900 )appointment at PSC..?
When I called help line on 18the mar 16, at 2pm, that person told me they don't have any update on the fees. SO far all my friends told me it is the same amount what you have paid while booking online.
Moderator/experts here can you please cross check and confirm this to wide applicants here. Many thanks.

blacklabel69
United Kingdom

Post by blacklabel69 » Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:43 am

I guess we will know on Monday (March 21st) when someone who went for their appointment updates all of us on this board. I myself am now worried (though I had no idea that the prices were going up on the 18th when I booked, usually it was April 6th)

Ilr_in_2016

Post by Ilr_in_2016 » Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:12 am

I think from a lay-man perspective it is highly unacceptable to have to pay for new fee post the transaction has been made for the application. We have to wait until tomorrow for someone to share their experience.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:52 am

Ilr_in_2016 wrote:I think from a lay-man perspective it is highly unacceptable to have to pay for new fee post the transaction has been made for the application. We have to wait until tomorrow for someone to share their experience.
I believe that's the best option.
(Casa, not CR001)

Ilr_in_2016

Post by Ilr_in_2016 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:48 am

Dear Friends,

Could anyone who attend the Premium appointment today confirm the following please ?

1. Paid the same fee or New Fee (Made extra payment at PEO)
2. Used Old Form (11/2015) or New Form (03/2016)

Thanks for your kind time on this.

MaiSaran

Ilr_in_2016

Post by Ilr_in_2016 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:28 pm

Dear All,

I spoke to UKBA Home Office Contact Centre today at 2.00 PM.

The person who I got connected to spoke to his supervisor and said we advise you to take the credit card and pay the extra if asked to do so on the day. And When I questioned further he clarified that they have not received any guidance on the new fees for the people who have booked before and said if asked to pay you could pay and make a formal complaint on the increase. I don't know how it will be redressed and all. Overall it is unhelpful and unless someone who has been there today or in the days to come, shares the experience it will be unclear.

Thanks, MaiSaran

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:46 pm

Nothing surprising there then... the usual poor level of guidance from untrained staff. :roll:
https://www.freemovement.org.uk/immigra ... pectation/
(Casa, not CR001)

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:58 pm

Ilr_in_2016 wrote:PEO
Possibly to confuse everyone, they had changed the name PEO to PSC.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Ilr_in_2016

Post by Ilr_in_2016 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:07 am

Interestingly on the question of which form to use guess what is the response ?

Get both forms(old and new) filled out and save yourself...

Fantastic job by UKVI Contact Centres !

At the end of conversation, I jokingly asked why this bias on Immigrants ?

He gruntled to say "No Home Office is getting Better! :-)