ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

indefinite vise

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

elsemelehy
Newly Registered

indefinite vise

Post by elsemelehy » Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:29 am

Hi
Can someone please advise me on this matter am her in UK since 2012 i have get Family Member visa of an EEA national (polish)for 5 years going to finish soon am working for 5 years full time job now i have all document P60 and bank statement but my wife did work only for 6 month after we got baby so she is not working since this time we didn't get any benefits from government at all am going to apply for indefinite vise soon will be any problem because my wife didn’t work for this time if so what I have to do ? please let me know

thanks for your help

Member of Standing

Re: indefinite vise

Post by member » Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:32 am

elsemelehy wrote:Hi
Can someone please advise me on this matter am her in UK since 2012 i have get Family Member visa of an EEA national (polish)for 5 years going to finish soon am working for 5 years full time job now i have all document P60 and bank statement but my wife did work only for 6 month after we got baby so she is not working since this time we didn't get any benefits from government at all am going to apply for indefinite vise soon will be any problem because my wife didn’t work for this time if so what I have to do ? please let me know

thanks for your help
Is your wife currently working?

elsemelehy
Newly Registered

Post by elsemelehy » Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:36 am

Thanks for replaying

No She is not working but she is looking for

elsemelehy
Newly Registered

Post by elsemelehy » Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:59 am

Hi

thanks for your help

elsemelehy
Newly Registered

Permanent Residence Card

Post by elsemelehy » Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:12 am

Hi
Can someone please advise me on this matter. Am her in UK since 2012 i have get Family Member visa of an EEA national for 5 years going to finish soon am working for 5 years full time job until now i have all document P60 and bank statement but my wife did work only for 6 month after we got baby so she is not working since this time we didn't get any benefits from government at all am going to apply for permanent residence card soon will be any problem please let me know

thanks for your help

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:02 am

It is not 5 years if you have only been in the UK since 2012.

You also don't apply for ILR (UK Immigration route), you have to apply for PR under the EEA/EU FM route.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

elsemelehy
Newly Registered

Permanent Residence Card

Post by elsemelehy » Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:24 am

Thanks for your reply am going to be 5years in october 2016 just please i wont know is any problem if my wife she is not working for last 4 years

thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:20 am

2012 to 2016 is not 5 years it is 4 years. What are the dates of your residence card?

Yes, it is likely going to be a problem that your wife has not worked for 4 years. What has she been doing for all this time, how has she been exercising her treaty rights as a qualified person?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

makalele
Newly Registered

Post by makalele » Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:10 pm

your wife need to be exercising treaty right for 5 years period, if she is not you will not qualify for PR. So they might give you another 5 years residence card again. So when your wife has exercise her treaty right for 5 years, you can now apply for PR.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:14 pm

No PR unless they have spent 5 years in the UK and at the moment the numbers don't add up. As CR001 has pointed out, 2012-2016 = 4 years, not 5. :|
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.