ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA PR

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shahzebsaeed
Newly Registered

EEA PR

Post by shahzebsaeed » Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:04 pm

My partner who is an Lithuanian national is applying for EEA PR, there are few things I need to find out and I need advice on.

Situation is:
Entered in UK Sept 09 as a student on a 4 year Honours Degree which she completed.
Found part time employment around December 09 through friends which was on and off and she registered in WRS (Workers Registration Scheme) which was granted, she then changed jobs in July 2010 and she has worked with the same company ever since, regular hours and not a week missed, however going through document check list HO needs WRS which she doesnt have as it was granted for 1 year and she thought it would be useless after that :oops:

Now does anyone if there is a way to get that document? Or if its necessary if WRS scheme ended in April 2011 she would be in 5 years of employment in April 2016?

Student route doesnt look good either as she wont be covered for health insurance from Sept 09 - July 2010.

Thanks for reading this.

noajthan

Re: EEA PR

Post by noajthan » Sat Mar 26, 2016 1:10 pm

WRS registration was only required for first 12 months of employment.
If someone changed jobs in their first 12 months they had up to 30 days to re-register and maintain continuity of WRS.

if not registered properly or continually for 12 months then someone's PR clock can only have started (if an A8 worker) in May 2011 when WRS was terminated.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.