ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Proof of Living Together for >2 Years

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

icehot1
Newly Registered

Proof of Living Together for >2 Years

Post by icehot1 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:42 pm

As a part of submitting an EEA2 Residence Card application, I will need to prove that my EEA sponsor has been living with me for the past 2 years. He has been living with me since February 2014, but his name wasn't added to the lease until late July of the same year (4 months from this post). Will this airline issued e-mail be enough proof to make up for the fact that his name wasn't added to the lease until a later date? Or do I need to wait until July to make my EEA2 application valid?

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Proof of Living Together for >2 Years

Post by Casa » Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:58 pm

Am I missing something here? Apart from a good piece of advertising on the forum for the airline, how does this prove you were living together? :?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

icehot1
Newly Registered

Post by icehot1 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:40 pm

Casa wrote:Am I missing something here? Apart from a good piece of advertising on the forum for the airline, how does this prove you were living together? :?
I was told by my university's Advice and Counselling Department that the flat contract can be slightly off from the actual date which my partner moved in with me. They also said that it might be possible (ie unsure) for the actual move in date to be based upon the date he landed in the UK by supplying the UKVI with the air ticket he used to travel here. But judging by your reaction, I assume this is not the case. :(

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:48 pm

Sorry, but if you look at this from the Case Worker's point of view...all this shows is that he was on an aeroplane, going somewhere, possibly to meet someone. Case Workers want to see utility bills, correspondence showing joint address, joint bank statements, shared finances. Evidence you would expect to see in a relationship 'akin to marriage' or what is known under EEA Regulations as a 'durable relationship', for a strong application preferably of at least 2 years.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.