ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I buy a share for showing the investment under 50K rules

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

aqeel24
Newly Registered

Can I buy a share for showing the investment under 50K rules

Post by aqeel24 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:12 am

Hiya guys,
I am on tier 1 entrepenuer visa.i have spent 30k in my business and only left 20k to invest.My question is that can i buy a share for rest of 20k to show them i invested rest of the money.Please give me advise.because someone told me that only 200k invester can buy a shares.Help needed please.thanks

Napoleon77
Mood:
Nigeria

Re: Can I buy a share for showing the investment under 50K r

Post by Napoleon77 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:50 am

aqeel24 wrote:Hiya guys,
I am on tier 1 entrepenuer visa.i have spent 30k in my business and only left 20k to invest.My question is that can i buy a share for rest of 20k to show them i invested rest of the money.Please give me advise.because someone told me that only 200k invester can buy a shares.Help needed please.thanks
Do you mean invest the £20k in YOUR own company as share capital while the £30k will appear in your company accounts as Directors Loan?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:26 am

aqeel24 wrote:Hiya guys,
There are no rules preventing you from investing as share capital in your own company.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

aqeel24
Newly Registered

Post by aqeel24 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:16 pm

Basically i want to spent 20k to buy a share e.g Asda,tesco,farnell. These companies shares.that all i mean. Can i do invest 20k like that.thanks for reply.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:19 pm

aqeel24 wrote:Basically i want to spent 20k to buy a share e.g Asda,tesco,farnell. These companies shares.that all i mean. Can i do invest 20k like that.thanks for reply.
No. Under Tier 1E rules, any investment in a company that you are not personally a director will not be considered an acceptable investment towards your extension/ILR.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice