ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Excluding my Wife and Son from FLR application

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

zaib2556
Newly Registered

Excluding my Wife and Son from FLR application

Post by zaib2556 » Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:56 am

Hello there,

I am currently on Tier 2 General leave to remain from the last four and half years. I have two dependents my wife and son who was born in the United Kingdom four years ago.

All we have leaves to remain until August 2017, my sponsor license was revoked by the Home Office six months ago, my employer had challenged this decision in the High Court. The Home Office initially issued a curtailment of 60 days however, they withdraw at the later stage due to ongoing litigation. The Home Office wrote to all interested employees that due to ongoing litigation, they have decided to reinstate our leaves to original leaves which is August 2017.

My ILR application is due in July 2016 but I am not interested to making an application in the current scenario. I am looking a new employer to switch my VISA and then go for ILR. I have some questions below and would appreciate if any one help me on this.

1. Can I switch my leave with another Tier 2 General Sponsor, in case I find one, as my leave was reinstated until August 2017.
2. If I can, can I exclude my wife and son from my application because currently they have a leave until August 2017, to save fee and NHS surcharges.
3. If I can, then would I be able to include them in ILR application without any problem, because my ILR application is due in July 2016.
4. Can I request my new sponsor to issue a Cos for one year, to save NHS surcharges.

Thank you very much for your help.

ravisb_2014
Member of Standing

Re: Excluding my Wife and Son from FLR application

Post by ravisb_2014 » Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:37 pm

1. Yes
2. Yes.
3. Yes.
4. Yes.

Coming to your current employer, I presume you can't apply for ILR if their license is revoked or suspended. You have to definitely look for a new employer and to apply for ILR, the new employer should be ready to issue a letter mentioning that You will be required by the employer in future and you need minimum 3 months payslip from your current employer assuming that your current salary is £35K or above.

knucks

Post by knucks » Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:41 pm

zaib2556 wrote:Hello there,

I am currently on Tier 2 General leave to remain from the last four and half years. I have two dependents my wife and son who was born in the United Kingdom four years ago.

All we have leaves to remain until August 2017, my sponsor license was revoked by the Home Office six months ago, my employer had challenged this decision in the High Court. The Home Office initially issued a curtailment of 60 days however, they withdraw at the later stage due to ongoing litigation. The Home Office wrote to all interested employees that due to ongoing litigation, they have decided to reinstate our leaves to original leaves which is August 2017.

My ILR application is due in July 2016 but I am not interested to making an application in the current scenario. I am looking a new employer to switch my VISA and then go for ILR. I have some questions below and would appreciate if any one help me on this.

1. Can I switch my leave with another Tier 2 General Sponsor, in case I find one, as my leave was reinstated until August 2017.
2. If I can, can I exclude my wife and son from my application because currently they have a leave until August 2017, to save fee and NHS surcharges.
3. If I can, then would I be able to include them in ILR application without any problem, because my ILR application is due in July 2016.
4. Can I request my new sponsor to issue a Cos for one year, to save NHS surcharges.

Dear please check your private msgs, thanks.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Mar 26, 2016 10:51 am

knucks wrote:
zaib2556 wrote:Hello there,

Dear please check your private msgs, thanks.
Members are unable to receive or send PMs until they have made 30 posts. zaib2556 has only made 11
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.