ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for British passport for baby born in India

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

pnb
Newly Registered

Applying for British passport for baby born in India

Post by pnb » Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:15 am

Hi,
I have applied for the Naturalisation(only me not my wife since she is eligible only after 2 years). Haven't received my letter for ceremony/approval .Yet to attend my ceremony and to get my British passport. My wife was in UK for 2 years ,now went to India for delivery due July end. She has tier1 Dep extended .
Am going to india in couple of weeks, hoping to attend the ceremony once am back in uk in aug 1 week.

What if my baby is born in inda before I attend the ceremony and get british passport?
What if I get my citizenship 1 month after the baby is born?
Can I apply for the British passport for the baby from india . Is my baby eligible? since my status is ILR when the baby is born in india?

vinny

Re: Applying for British passport for baby born in India

Post by vinny » Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:39 am

pnb wrote:What if my baby is born in inda before I attend the ceremony and get british passport?
What if I get my citizenship 1 month after the baby is born?
Can I apply for the British passport for the baby from india . Is my baby eligible? since my status is ILR when the baby is born in india?
No. Your baby may apply for a PBS dependant visa, in-line with your wife before going to the UK. Registration will be subject to discretion.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:29 pm

Had your child been born in the UK while you are on ILR (even before naturalisation), the child would have been British automatically.

However, if your child is born abroad before you undertake the naturalisation ceremony, vinny's response sums it up. It will get a visa in line with the mother's visa and can be registered as a British citizen when the mother gets her citizenship.

pnb
Newly Registered

Post by pnb » Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:46 pm

If the baby comes in PBS dependent from india , how long does it takes to get citizenship?
Is than when the mother gets naturalisation , can do for the baby or is it the baby can get it done after 2 years in UK?

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:33 pm

In line with most restrictive parent's visa or 7 years of residence in the UK, whichever is first.

There is no two year option to the best of my knowledge. But be aware that registration in this case is purely at the discretion of the Home Office.

Personally, in light of the kerfuffle that your situation raises, I would have opted for having the child born in the UK. I am aware of the Indian custom of the first child being born at the maternal grandmother's house, but having the child born in the UK would have saved so much aggro.

rumi
Newly Registered

Post by rumi » Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:52 pm

Hi Guys

Can any one please help as I am trying to find the right process to apply for my baby (born in India and have now got British passport) Exit visa.

Thanks

pnb
Newly Registered

Baby born (india) bfor i got british cz- what visa for baby

Post by pnb » Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:19 am

Hi ,
Let me explain my status before I ask the question...
I got my British citizenship in October 2015,
My wife is in PBS dependent (valid till oct 2016). She went to India for delivery(now she is in india). Baby was born in July 2015(before I became citizenship, I was in ILR at that time).
My wife came to UK in march 2013(tier 1 general partner and got pbs dependent), went for delivery in india.

Someone said I can apply for citizen/settlement for my baby ? But I don't think its possible since I got my citizen after my baby was born in india (viny (moderator) replied to my query on jun 2015).

So I want to make sure that I had to apply for 'PBS Dependent visa' for my Baby ,inline with my wife visa to bring him to uk from india? (yet to apply for indian passport in india for the baby)
And once my wife gets citizenship I can apply for the citizenship for my baby (or to both at the same time).

ps. We know that we could have had the delivery in UK, then my baby would have got the citizenship without trouble, but due to personal circumstances we have to do it done in India.

Replies much appreciated.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Baby born (india) bfor i got british cz- what visa for b

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:43 am

PBS Dependent visa, same as your wife's.

Baby will need ILR and can likely apply at the same time as your wife.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

pnb
Newly Registered

Dependent visa for Child born in India

Post by pnb » Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:01 pm

Hi ,
My baby was born in India 8 months before , I had ILR during that time. Now I got British citizenship.
My wife is in PBS Dependent visa valid till Nov 2016.Both my child and wife is in India.
I want to bring my child to UK. What visa should I have to do to bring my child to UK?
Please tell me the correct visa application form that I need to do for my child.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Dependent visa for Child born in India

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:42 pm

Your child should apply and will be issued a visa in line with the mothers visa. So you need to apply for PBS Dependent.

This has already been advised numerous times in this thread.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

pnb
Newly Registered

Post by pnb » Thu Mar 24, 2016 2:56 pm

Sorry I know I had asked this question before. But when I called the immigration helpline for UK, they say I need to apply for Settlement visa for my baby.
Should I have to apply -> ‘family of a settled person’ visa or PBS dependent visa .
Can you please specify the application form name? Bit confused ,please help me.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 24, 2016 3:07 pm

CR001 wrote:Your child should apply and will be issued a visa in line with the mothers visa. So you need to apply for PBS Dependent.
Home Office help line is known for giving out incorrect information and take no responsibility for it.

If your wife is applying for a settlement visa, then your child can. If your wife is returning on her PBS Dependent visa, then your child needs to apply for a PBS Dependent visa and it will be issued in line with your wife's visa validity. You use Tier 1 General Dependent form.

A forum member recently ignored our advice and applied for a child settlement visa (wife was on PBS Dep visa). The child settlement visa was refused and he lost the fee and was told to apply for PBS Dependent visa in line with the mother's visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

pnb
Newly Registered

Post by pnb » Thu Mar 24, 2016 3:37 pm

Thanks a lot. Much appreciate your help and support and the Group.
I went and created a for in https://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/form
selected this option for my child ..
Work -> Tier 1 (General) - dependants only -> Tier 1 (General) Child
Hope this is the right application form?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 24, 2016 3:40 pm

Yes, that is correct. Don't forget to pay the immigration health surcharge.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

pnb
Newly Registered

Post by pnb » Thu Mar 24, 2016 3:51 pm

How do I pay for it? where to do that? is that on the application form ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 24, 2016 4:13 pm

https://www.gov.uk/healthcare-immigrati ... cation/pay

The reference number you get once you pay has to be entered in the visa application form. I am not sure if the online visa application process has a pay part of the surcharge.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

pnb
Newly Registered

Post by pnb » Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:46 am

On the Form
Work -> Tier 1 (General) - dependants only -> Tier 1 (General) Child

Under the Main Applicant Section it asks..
'Does the main applicant have a Certificate of Sponsorship or Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies number?' Y/N

What should I fill ? I got British Citizen , Even when I was in Tier 1 General , Certificate of Sponsorship was not relevant to me??

Please help.