ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 (Gen) extension

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Adeel18
Newly Registered

Tier 2 (Gen) extension

Post by Adeel18 » Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:40 pm

Hi Manci,
I have a doubt about extending my tier 2 visa.
My 3 yrs tier 2 visa expires in November 2016 and I'm eligible to extend it for another 3yrs. That will make a total of 6yrs but I will be eligible to apply for ILR in November 2018 as I will complete my 5 yrs under tier2.
However, I read the requirements again and again for extending my tier 2 visa. It says that I can only extend as long as my total stay is not more than 6 years. Does that total stay includes my previous stay under other categories before I was granted tier2? To be precise, I switched from psw to tier2.

Extract from immigration website:
How long you can stay
You can apply to extend your visa for up to another 5 years, as long as your total stay is not more than 6 years.

Please help me out to understand the above.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 (Gen) extension

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:17 pm

6 years applies to Tier 2 General only.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

justdopposite

Re: Tier 2 (Gen) extension

Post by justdopposite » Tue Mar 29, 2016 4:04 pm

Hi CR001

I've been issued a 5yr COS for my extension, but I can only apply for the remaining 3 years (as total 6yrs in Tier2 General) . Can I still apply for the remaining 3yrs extension and pay IHS for 3yrs only ? Please help.