ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OCI processing timelines Leicester Vs B'ham

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

baldude

OCI processing timelines Leicester Vs B'ham

Post by baldude » Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:27 am

Dear All,

I am in the process of applying for OCI for my child and appreciate your help on this.
Leicester and B'ham are the closest VFS centres for me. and I am planning a trip to India early June.

speaking to a friend had mentioned that VFS Leicester may take longer than the VFS B'ham and in that B'ham can be nearly a week quicker. Is it true?
Looking at the timelines i understand that VFS london can be quicker.....but London VFS is too far for me.
does someone in the knowledge can please suggest if processing from B'ham VFS can be as much as a week quicker than VFS Leicester?

thanks in advance.
Bal.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: OCI processing timelines Leicester Vs B'ham

Post by geriatrix » Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:55 am

OCI applications are processed in India and booklets also printed there before being shipped to the numerous overseas consulates where the application was originally submitted.

The consulates then have two jobs left to do - 1) sign and stamp the booklet, and 2) pass it on to VAC for onward dispatch to (or collection by, if allowed) the applicant.

Since the most time-consuming work in the whole process is carried out overseas (in India) and is independent of where the application was initially submitted., IMHO, whether you apply at Leicester or B'ham should not make a big difference in the total timeline.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

baldude

Re: OCI processing timelines Leicester Vs B'ham

Post by baldude » Sun Mar 27, 2016 11:01 am

sushdmehta wrote:OCI applications are processed in India and booklets also printed there before being shipped to the numerous overseas consulates where the application was originally submitted.

The consulates then have two jobs left to do - 1) sign and stamp the booklet, and 2) pass it on to VAC for onward dispatch to (or collection by, if allowed) the applicant.

Since the most time-consuming work in the whole process is carried out overseas (in India) and is independent of where the application was initially submitted., IMHO, whether you apply at Leicester or B'ham should not make a big difference in the total timeline.
Many thanks sushdmehta for a very fast and accurate response. Much appreciated.
I had been member of this forum for nearly 8 years and every time i posted a tricky question you always had responded and always found the information to be accurate and very helpful.
much appreciate and could not thank enough.