ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Student or worker qualified person

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

aiatalama
Newly Registered

Student or worker qualified person

Post by aiatalama » Sun Mar 27, 2016 12:31 pm

LilyLalilu wrote:Unfortunately, as per the EEA regulations, student years only count towards PR if you held CSI or a non-UK EHIC during those years. If you did not have this, then you were not exercising treaty rights and the years do not count towards your time for PR. Were you maybe working full- or part-time during your student years and could claim having excercised treaty rights as a worker instead? That's how I got around the CSI requirement..
If that's not the case then it looks like you will unfortunately have to wait a few more years to attain PR status.

Hi Lily, I am in a similar situation. I have lived in England since 1994, I wanted to apply for the qualifying period as a student. As I thought it would be more straightforward but have just found out about the EHIC/CSI. Can I apply as a worker? As whilst I was at college(2 years) and university(last 3 years) I was working part time for 2 years and doing agency work for the latter 3. I find the application terribly confusing. So would I need to provide p60s for my employment and student finance letters? Or, could I apply as a dependant of my mother who was working while I was at secondary school?

Thanks in advance

aiatalama
Newly Registered

URGENT PR APPLICATION HELP!!!

Post by aiatalama » Sun Mar 27, 2016 3:36 pm

Hi guys,

So sorry for inundating you with questions but I have to be sure I have got everything right before I submit. After all, £65 is a lot of money. So, here is my background. I am a 26 year old Portuguese woman, who has lived here since 1994. I want to apply for the PR card. I was going to apply as a student between the years of 2001- 2006 as a secondary school student, but due to me not having comprehensive health insurance, I've decided to apply as a part time worker who was studying at University. My qualifying period is from 2009-2014.

1) I had a period where I applied for ESA, do I have to state this in section 16? As I feel like it may hinder my chances of being accepted for a RC.
2) Providing a p60 for each year plus letters from employers, is this sufficient evidence for treaty rights?
3) Residency documentation, 1 hospital letter and 1 bank statement per year, is this enough?
4) Do I provide student loan entitlement letters for proof of support? Or do they class that as being supported by the state.

As I was 19-24 in this period and living with my mother, I do not have things like council tax letters, rent agreements etc etc. So, I cannot provide that as evidence, will this be ok?

Any and ALL advice will truly be appreciated. Thank you

aiatalama
Newly Registered

Re: URGENT PR APPLICATION HELP!!!

Post by aiatalama » Sun Mar 27, 2016 4:00 pm

I have just realised that the p60 I have covers the period year I had ESA so do I still have to show evidence of receiving state benefits?