ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

advice

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

cutipie94
Newly Registered

advice

Post by cutipie94 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 11:59 pm

Hi I need a information because I'm quite confused. I been living in UK since 4 March 2013 came on spouse visa as my husband was on Tier 2 sponsorship. I had my first renewal in 2013 oct and now visa is valid until 6 nov 2016. My husband got his ILR on 6 Oct 2015 now i have spoken to a lawyer and they saying i can apply for settlement in Oct once my husband finish 1 year of settlement as there is a new rule I'm not sure about this as i cant see this anywhere. or if i go for renewal i dont have to pay NHS charges as from the beginning of my stay in UK i have been in full time job working minimum 40 hrs per week & i have been paying my NI & Tax from my pay each month please guide me what we are suppose to do.

ram14esh

Re: advice

Post by ram14esh » Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:15 am

this is interesting.Do you know the lawyers are advising this only for those dependants whose main applicant got ILR based on Tier-2 route or Tier-1 route or both?Seniors/Moderators any advise if any such rule exists?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Mar 28, 2016 5:37 pm

If your spouse was on Tier 2 at the time of your first entry in to UK, then you would have come to UK on a "PBS dependant" visa and not a "spouse" visa!
You will be eligible for settlement no earlier than 28 days before the 5th anniversary of your first entry in the UK as a "PBS dependant" (i.e. - March 2018).
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Sheffield_Marketeer
Member of Standing

Post by Sheffield_Marketeer » Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:17 pm

Your lawyers/advisers seem to be some muddle heads. Ask them to not talk in the air and provide you with reference to these rules. If they are able to, then probably some changes are expected in the immigration policies..