ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Regarding HSMP Points System Change

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ashik_a_s

Regarding HSMP Points System Change

Post by ashik_a_s » Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:00 pm

Hi,

I am planning to apply for HSMP as i qualify for 85 Points. But a Consultant told me that there is some changes expected in Jan 2008 regarding HSMP Points System.

If i apply now and get an HSMP Approval before December 2007, will i have to apply again if i don't satisfy the criteria again in Jan 2008 because of the new system?

archigabe

Post by archigabe » Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:17 am

Seems like there might be other changes as well.
Doctors ruling in UK to benefit other Indian professionals too

http://www.mangalorean.com/news.php?new ... type=local
Indian professionals in Britain such as accountants, bankers and marketing executives are also expected to benefit from last Friday's court ruling on treating doctors from India and other non-European Union countries on par with British and EU candidates for employment purposes.

The ruling, lodged by the British Association of Physicians of Indian origin (BAPIO), spread a wave of cheer among thousands of Indian and other non-EU doctors working in training jobs or aspiring to work in the National Health Service.

Exerts believe that a fallout of the rule is that it will brighten the employment prospects of thousands of other Indian professionals currently in Britain under the Highly Skilled Migrants Programme (HSMP). The ruling held that Indian and other non-EU doctors under the HSMP needed to be considered at par with British and EU doctors for employment.Amit Kapadia, executive director of the campaigning group HSMP Forum, told IANS: "The decision from the Court of Appeals in BAPIO's case would not only remove discriminatory and unlawful rules for doctors on HSMP but also all the other professionals.

"Accountants, techies, engineers, marketers will also benefit from such rulings, as employers will have to stop unlawfully applying such discriminatory rules of restricting HSMP holders from applying for permanent positions due to their limited leave to remain and also because of the draconian extension rules introduced by the Home Office".

Indian professionals under the HSMP who have a limited period of stay in Britain find it difficult to gain employment because employers prefer to recruit candidates who have no restrictions on their stay here.

purplepple

Re: Regarding HSMP Points System Change

Post by purplepple » Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:37 am

No you don't have to. Because your initial approval is good for 1-2 years (depending on what you receive).
ashik_a_s wrote:Hi,

I am planning to apply for HSMP as i qualify for 85 Points. But a Consultant told me that there is some changes expected in Jan 2008 regarding HSMP Points System.

If i apply now and get an HSMP Approval before December 2007, will i have to apply again if i don't satisfy the criteria again in Jan 2008 because of the new system?

ampersand
Newly Registered

What changes?

Post by ampersand » Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:34 am

Can someone give more information about the changes on January 2008?