ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

To be or not to be dependent - One for the seniors & exp

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tomkin

To be or not to be dependent - One for the seniors & exp

Post by tomkin » Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:14 pm

We (me and missus) are in a bit of dilemma here :-

Me ::: Nov - 2004 on WP changed to HSMP in Sept - 2007. Still 2.3 years to be eligible for ILR.

Missus ::: Aug - 2004 on WP changing to HSMP anytime soon. FLR(HSMP) to be filed . Still 1.8 years to be eligible for ILR.

I am not able to decide whether to send my passport along with her FLR(HSMP) as a dependant or wait for my turn to seek further 3 year extension to complete my individual eligibility for ILR in Nov 2009.

The idea to retain my own HSMP status is driven by the fear of losing my own 2.9 years towards ILR.

The idea to send my passport along with her FLR(HSMP) is because I think, under current conditions, we both will get ILR in Aug-2009 and I would not need to apply for my individual FLR(HSMP) in Sep 2009.

But there are other complications like :-
1. Increase in the limit of earning criteria to £60000 in Jan'08 (though this is just a rumour as of now).
2. Increase in the 5 year rule to 6 year rule for ILR. (Is this a possibility ?)

If the No. 1 comes in effect then I will not get and extension in Nov 2009 based on my current salary (I do qualify to get an extension under the current rules)

And, if No. 2 comes in effect then I would lose my time towars ILR and my wife's income may also not be the same as she is earning now (family planning :D ). Which will affect her HSMP extension

If both come in effect then its going to be tough :(

If I stop being paranoid( :? ) and just send her FLR(HSMP) with me as dependent. Then we should get ILR in Sept'09.

Can you guys please suggest me what to do ? Am I just being paranoid ?

Any suggestions welcome.

try-one
Member of Standing

Post by try-one » Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:14 am

nileshratan,
I would recommend you both continue with the HSMP independently until one is able to get ILR; then, you would both have ILR and there are no more concerns.
Look at it this way, it is similar to betting for two numbers on a race, you have more possibilities of one wining. If she has any problems with her ILR, then you still have your ILR application a few months later (with maybe more salary, etc).
the more chances the better....
-------------------------
Life is a journey, not a destination (S. Tyler)

tomkin

Post by tomkin » Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:33 am

Thanks try-one.

Can I become a dependent later after she has got FLR(HSMP)? Can you/anyone shed some light on the becoming a dependent with in country in similar circumstances?

Thanks in advance.

hsmpwpilr

Post by hsmpwpilr » Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:07 pm

Yes you can.