ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Got approval but can't book oath yet!

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sb86

Got approval but can't book oath yet!

Post by sb86 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:02 am

Dear all!
I finally got the approval for my citizenship application yey!

I am currently on holiday so my cousin checked my post and I won't be back till another two weeks. I called my local centre to book the oath ceremony but they didn't have any appointments except one when I am not back in town yet!

My question is has anyone booked their appointment more than three weeks from the date on the letter? Will that be ok?

The lady on the phone said its fine but I just want to check its fine.

Gomjaba

Re: Got approval but can't book oath yet!

Post by Gomjaba » Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:06 am

I believe you need to book within two weeks but need to attend ceremony within 90 days.

Although this is based on the info here at the forums - I cannot find the official stuff about it.

sb86

Re: Got approval but can't book oath yet!

Post by sb86 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:14 am

Thanks a lot for your quick reply.
The lady on the phone said its fine if more than 21 days just come as soon as u come back, I am a bit anxious about it but I booked holiday and flights already...