ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help needed pls

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

racim

Help needed pls

Post by racim » Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:18 pm

Hello
I am married to a British citizen.. I have been given 3 years spouse resident which is running out 06/2016
What should I apply for now ! An what form should I fill ! And when can I apply, do I have to wait till last month !
Thank you for any answers in advance

Member of Standing

Re: Help needed pls

Post by member » Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:20 pm

racim wrote:Hello
I am married to a British citizen.. I have been given 3 years spouse resident which is running out 06/2016
What should I apply for now ! An what form should I fill ! And when can I apply, do I have to wait till last month !
Were you given 30 months instead in the first place?

racim

Post by racim » Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:33 pm

Valid from 09/13 expired 06/16

racim

Post by racim » Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:36 pm

member wrote:

Member of Standing

Post by member » Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:39 pm

racim wrote:
member wrote:

Sorry, my mistake: 33 months

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:46 pm

You need to apply for a FLR(M) visa which will grant you a further 2.5 years limited leave. In addition to the visa fee you are required to pay the NHS surcharge of £500 online before submitting your application. The visa fee is £811 (postal) or £1311 if applying in person at a PSC.
https://www.gov.uk/remain-in-uk-family/apply
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

racim

Post by racim » Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:20 pm

Casa wrote:You need to apply for a FLR(M) visa which will grant you a further 2.5 years limited leave. In addition to the visa fee you are required to pay the NHS surcharge of £500 online before submitting your application. The visa fee is £811 (postal) or £1311 if applying in person at a PSC.
thank you for your replay.
why do i have to pay all those charges again !! i have entered UK 3 months after this visa was issued someone told me i would have to enter UK before the first 3 months and 28 days if i dont wanna pay any charges when i renew it !!

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:11 pm

You may not want to, but you have to pay visa fees + the NHS surcharge again when you apply for your next FLR(M) 2.5 year extension. The visa fees for Indefinite Leave to Remain are even higher.
You're confused about the advice given to you about entry. If you hadn't entered the UK within the 3 month period you would have had to pay for two FLR(M) extension visa...not just the one that you have to pay for now as you would have been short of your qualifying probationary period.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:32 pm

racim wrote:
Casa wrote:You need to apply for a FLR(M) visa which will grant you a further 2.5 years limited leave. In addition to the visa fee you are required to pay the NHS surcharge of £500 online before submitting your application. The visa fee is £811 (postal) or £1311 if applying in person at a PSC.
thank you for your replay.
why do i have to pay all those charges again !! i have entered UK 3 months after this visa was issued someone told me i would have to enter UK before the first 3 months and 28 days if i dont wanna pay any charges when i renew it !!
Because it's a five year path to ILR now and UKVI effectively let you pay in two instalments, to ease the financial burden.

As Casa says, ILR costs even more then citizenship almost as much again.

If you'd entered the UK more than 3 months after the visa was issued you'd not complete the requisite five years so would have pay for a second extension after this due one. That's what this 'someone' meant.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:46 pm

On reflection...I wonder if you think the NHS Surcharge is an administration fee? This is to cover the costs of any NHS treatment before you are granted settled status at the end of the 5 year probationary period.
Your husband should be able to explain to you what the National Health Service is.
(Casa, not CR001)

racim

Post by racim » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:17 am

Casa wrote:On reflection...I wonder if you think the NHS Surcharge is an administration fee? This is to cover the costs of any NHS treatment before you are granted settled status at the end of the 5 year probationary period.
Your husband should be able to explain to you what the National Health Service is.
ok thx for your replay
my visa will be expired on 06/16 how early i can apply thx

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:23 am

You should apply shortly before your leave expires.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

racim

Post by racim » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:25 pm

vinny wrote:You should apply shortly before your leave expires.
How early !! Last month !!

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:48 pm

No earlier than 28 days before the expiry date on your visa.
(Casa, not CR001)

racim

Post by racim » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:39 pm

Casa wrote:No earlier than 28 days before the expiry date on your visa.
Ok thank you

racim

Help needed pls

Post by racim » Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:54 pm

I already passed my KET test back home and I was grunted 33 months visa I am applying for an extension to stay in the uk as partner of person present and settled in the uk.
I am stuck in section 8
English language requirement do I have to pass any test again ! Thank you for your answers in advance

racim

Post by racim » Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:30 pm

racim wrote:I already passed my KET test back home and I was grunted 33 months visa I am applying for an extension to stay in the uk as partner of person present and settled in the uk.
I am stuck in section 8
English language requirement do I have to pass any test again ! Thank you for your answers in advance
Any answer guys please

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:46 pm

ESOL is no longer accepted for settlement (or citizenship).

Have you worked through forum FAQs on this vital matter?

Start here:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/immigr ... 62249.html

http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... 93792.html

& see:
https://www.gov.uk/remain-in-uk-family/ ... of-english
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

racim

Post by racim » Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:31 pm

noajthan wrote:ESOL is no longer accepted for settlement (or citizenship).

Have you worked through forum FAQs on this vital matter?

Start here:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/immigr ... 62249.html

http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... 93792.html

& see:
https://www.gov.uk/remain-in-uk-family/ ... of-english
Thx for your replay
I am getting all confused now, all I know is I passed KET back home and I used it when I applied for my visa, now that I'm applying for 2.5 extension do I have to use it again or I don't need it at all or I need to pass a new test ! Thank you

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:41 am

racim wrote:Thx for your replay
I am getting all confused now, all I know is I passed KET back home and I used it when I applied for my visa, now that I'm applying for 2.5 extension do I have to use it again or I don't need it at all or I need to pass a new test ! Thank you
Unless there is some exception that applies to you, my understanding is you will need to submit a new SELT certificate.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

racim

Post by racim » Thu Apr 21, 2016 2:41 pm

noajthan wrote:
racim wrote:Thx for your replay
Unless there is some exception that applies to you, my understanding is you will need to submit a new SELT certificate.
Thank you correct if I'm wrong please,there is a section where it says if you used any other qualification before and your application has been successful you can still use it again
I got ESOL level 2

racim

Financial requirements

Post by racim » Thu Apr 21, 2016 2:47 pm

My wife is due to apply for an 2.5 extension she is not working, I work on a low income, we only claim housing an benefit because my earnings is £525 monthly is this normal !
Thank you

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Financial requirements

Post by Casa » Thu Apr 21, 2016 3:00 pm

If you are only earning £525 per month, you won't be able to meet the minimum yearly income level of £18,600 for FLR(M). What benefits are you claiming and in whose name? I'm not sure what you mean by 'is this normal' :?
(Casa, not CR001)

racim

Post by racim » Thu Apr 21, 2016 3:33 pm

Casa wrote:If you are only earning £525 per month, you won't be able to meet the minimum yearly income level of £18,600 for FLR(M). What benefits are you claiming and in whose name? I'm not sure what you mean by 'is this normal' :?
Hi casa
I am claiming cancil tax and housing benefit they help me out to pay my rent and I get discount on my council tax because I'm on a low income !
If it's normal ! I mean would my wife have any trouble when we

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Apr 21, 2016 3:47 pm

...when you apply for her FMR(M) extension? Yes, if you're not earning £18,600 a year she won't qualify. You would have to apply for a FLR(FP) (partner route) visa which will be a longer route to ILR. Do the Council know your wife has no recourse to Public funds?
(Casa, not CR001)