ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Received pink PR card 2014 - change of address?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Noetic
Member of Standing

Received pink PR card 2014 - change of address?

Post by Noetic » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:42 am

I am Swiss, lived here since 1999 first as a student and then after the bilateral agreements between Switzerland and the EU working here. I applied for my PR card in 2014 after the Swiss voted to curb immigration and endager the bilaterals.

I have since moved house twice, both times keeping HMRC and the home office informed via online forms although I could not find any information on address changes for PR cards.

While HMRC always acknowledged this I never heard a peep back from the HO.

My passport runs out next year and due to the EU referendum and the Swiss messing it up with the EU I'm now registered for the relevant tests required for citizenship, hoping I'll have a British passport before May 2017 when my Swiss one runs out making it easier to renew the Swiss one during a visit without worrying about not getting it back in time.

I am worrying about whether the home office will accept my PR card though since it was obtained two addresses ago - does anyone have experience with this?

LilyLalilu

Re: Received pink PR card 2014 - change of address?

Post by LilyLalilu » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:54 am

Not an issue. You are under no obligation to update your address with the HO.
The only thing you will need to prove is that you did not leave the UK for 2 continuous years after obtaining PR. This can be done by submitting bank statements, tenancy agreements or utility bills along with the other documents required for your citizenship application.
All information given is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

Noetic
Member of Standing

Re: Received pink PR card 2014 - change of address?

Post by Noetic » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:14 am

Thanks, that should be easy enough and far less material to send in than for the original application for PR!