ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Ilr application and DR10 conviction

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

oishola77778

Ilr application and DR10 conviction

Post by oishola77778 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:19 pm

Hello All,

Please I need urgent advise as I am due to submit my ILR Application.

I originally had my FLRM application refused in 2008 and was granted 3years discretionary leave after appeal through tribunal.

I applied for extension in 2012 and was granted a further 3 years discretionary leave which will expire in May 2016 and I plan to submit a premium same day application.

Based on when my appeal was allowed my ILR application can
Be submitted now.

The problem I have is in December 2014 I fell on the wrong side of law - stupidly got in my car after a Christmas do at work - bad news got a DR10 conviction in January 2015 with a driving disqualification and fine ( fully paid).

I need all the advise I can get as to how to proceed - can I still apply for ILR or do I need to extend my visa FLRO and will my application still qualify for transitional consideration ( I am married to a British Citizen and we have 5 kids together - all British citizens)

Guys, due to urgency - quick guidance and advise will be very much appreciated.

I have done a rehabilitation course - work as a project manager and my wife is a doctor.
FLR(O) 2013
Application sent: 7.5.2013
Received by UKBA: 8.5.2013
Payment taken: 9.5.2013.
Ack letter: Received 13.5.2013
Biometrics letter received: 17.5.2013
Biometrics done: 17.5.2013.
Final outcome: Application GRANTED 5.6.13

oishola77778

Re: ILR after 6 Year Discretionary Leave.

Post by oishola77778 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:06 am

Hello All,

I need urgent guidance on my case.

I was granted 3 years discretionary leave to remain 05.05.2010

2nd grant was issued on 6.6.2013 and due to expire 6.6.2016.

Discretionary leave was originally granted based on Article 8 - spouse of British Citizen and with 5 kids (all British)

The problem is I have a drink drive conviction 24.2.2015 which I am going to declare on my application, according to UKVI mandatory grounds for refusal for indefinite leave to remain application, you must not have a non-custodial or accept a criminal conviction that is recorded on your criminal record 24 months prior to application of indefinite leave to remain.

My question now is can I still submit application for the indefinite leave to remain - Set (O) or should I submit an application for extension of discretionary leave to remain - FLR(O).

I am planning to schedule a premium appointment but need urgent advise on which way to proceed - I spoke to UKVI general enquiry but they said it should be fine and depend on case worker, but the mandatory refusal wording is a cause of my fear - I have suffered a lot as a spouse of a British Citizen which was meant to have settled after 2 years now spent 6 years and do not know what to do.

Please I need urgent advise from experience members here, I need to schedule an appointment.

Thanks in advance.
FLR(O) 2013
Application sent: 7.5.2013
Received by UKBA: 8.5.2013
Payment taken: 9.5.2013.
Ack letter: Received 13.5.2013
Biometrics letter received: 17.5.2013
Biometrics done: 17.5.2013.
Final outcome: Application GRANTED 5.6.13

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: Ilr application and DR10 conviction

Post by ohara » Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:37 am

UKVI 'helpline' is notorious for giving out wrong information.

If the guidance says you cannot have any convictions for the 2 years before your application, then you should follow it. Drink driving is a serious criminal conviction.

Ultimately the decision is yours though. It's a gamble at £1875 and UKVI won't be held responsible for wrong advice they have given you on the phone.